News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • HELP! Windows 10 Clients are not downloading updates from WSUS

Posted on _luis20 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 HELP! Windows 10 Clients are not downloading updates from WSUS

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Faye CW 23 1 year ago.

• Author

_luis20
      AskWoody Lounger

Hello all,

I need some help from this amazing forum. I have about 20 Windows 10 1709 clients on a domain and none of them are downloading the windows updates from our WSUS server, its just stuck at “Downloading – 0%”. Windows 8.1 and 7 clients are updating fine as well as my servers. The windows 10 clients were also updating just fine until I noticed it for this months round of updates. Also to note we skipped over the updates from last month. Any chance anyone has any recommended steps to take?

• #193062 Trash | Reply

Microfix
      Da Boss

Could it possibly be the RDP issue?
      There’s a thread discussion: Here

********** Peng/Wins x86/x64 **********

• #193606 Trash | Reply

_luis20
      AskWoody Lounger

Ended up using PortUp to install the latest security update by itself. That allowed all the other updates to download and install.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #193724 Trash | Reply

Faye CW 23
      AskWoody Lounger

luis20
      I had an terrible time with 1709.  After it was added,  my laptop stopped updating anything. I read everything I could read, searched on chat sites, etc. I spent hours trying to resolve this issue. Then one day, I begin removing all the updates that downloaded but failed to update.  I uninstalled them one by one. After each I had to restart the computer.  I only left the first one from Jan. due to it being the last one that downloaded and successfully updated.  I then did a search for any pending updates on the computer. It automatically began to download the new version of Windows 1803. I know some people have had issues with 1803 but it was the solution for me. Its now had two cumulative and 2 security downloads and they’ve  downloaded and updated well.   Hope this is of help.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: HELP! Windows 10 Clients are not downloading updates from WSUS

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.