Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Here's a test topic in the testing forum

Home Forums Testing Forum Here's a test topic in the testing forum

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MrJimPhelps 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

This is how you can test topics and posts to see if they go bananas when they’re posted on the main site.

In the words of @twbartender, this is a forum, and topic:

that’s solely for the purpose of testing to see if a potential post includes unwanted html, along with checking out avatars, sigs, pictures, and the correct use of BBCodes before attempting to submit the post for real. This way if there are any issue with the post it can be corrected before attempting to submit it for real. IMHO I believe it would save a lot of wasted time and aggravation.

If you aren’t sure about the formatting of what you’re about to post, then post it here and — if it turns out the way you want — copy the entry over to the “live” forums.

Anonymous posts are not suitable for the testing topic, as Anonymous posters cannot modify their own posts. Any anonymous test post is subject to trashing without review.

Once you have posted successfully, please trash your test post here.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    • #192943 Reply

walker
      AskWoody Lounger

@woody:  Please explain to me what  BBcodes are (and what “correct use” means)  and unwanted html text are.   That would help me tremendously as I don’t know exactly what this is referring to.    Thank you for any help you can provide to me.    I apologize for any errors I may have made because I was ignorant of these specifics.      🙁

• #193071 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Lounger

Sorry to ask it again here, but this looks like a better place for my question:

How does one “copy” an entry tested here to its intended forum? Does one literally just cuts and pastes it there, or is there something else to be done? For example: does one has to delete the test version afterwards? Etc.

This is probably a silly question, but long experience has told me that asking a silly question is not always silly.

Thanks for any helpful answers.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #193073 Reply

Kirsty
        AskWoody MVP

If you click on Quote, below your tested post, you can then copy the “guts” of what you posted – but don’t also copy the quote tags at each end. 🙂
        Or if you didn’t make any changes, you can just post what you already posted.

There can be problems with pasting copied text, which relates to html (previously discussed elsewhere, i.e.)

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #193852 Reply

MrJimPhelps
        AskWoody MVP

Copy the text from here, and paste it into Notepad (or into another text editor); then copy it from Notepad, and paste it into the intended forum. By using Notepad as the “middleman”, you will ensure that no hidden formatting is included.

Group "L" (Linux Mint)
        with Windows 8.1 running in a VM
        2 users thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Here's a test topic in the testing forum

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.