News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • HH the Dalai Lama turns 84

Home Forums AskWoody blog HH the Dalai Lama turns 84

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        woody
        Da Boss

[See the full post at: HH the Dalai Lama turns 84]

10 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2277575 Reply
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

I wish him well: he has promised the faithful that he will live for another twenty years, but he has been in poor heath recently and his many Tibetan followers, at home and in exile, really need to have a unifying figure like him, at a time where so much divisive passion is exercised by so many. And the world, us, will be much the poorer without him.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS + Linux (Mint)

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2277590 Reply

My favorite story about him was  that once, when asked “What is the purpose of life? Why are we all here?”

He laughed and said, “Why you not ask me something hard, ha-ha? Purpose of life is to help each other!

Right on, Your Holiness, and Happy Birthday!

Win7 Pro SP1 64-bit ESU, Dell Latitude E6330, Intel CORE i5 "Ivy Bridge", Group "Patch List", Multiple Air-Gapped backup drives in different locations, "Don't auto-check for updates-Full Manual Mode." Linux Mint Greenhorn
        --
        "A committee is the only known form of life that has at least four legs and no brain."

-Robert Heinlein

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2277611 Reply
        CBA
        AskWoody Plus

His Holiness actually turns 85 on July 6, 2020 (born 1935).  https://www.dalailama.com/

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: HH the Dalai Lama turns 84

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.