News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Home Page top bar's rightmost buttons not showing.

Posted on OscarCP Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody Central Suggestions about improving the Lounge Home Page top bar's rightmost buttons not showing.

Topic Resolution: Resolved
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

This has started happening today: I am seeing only part of the top bar of the Home Page, with the rightmost  buttons, such as those for “Direct Message” and “My Account” missing, as shown in the attached screenshot. This happens when using Waterfox (my default browser) and is a new glitch never experien
        ced before. When using FF Quantum (not my favorite browser) I see the whole top bar, as usual.

Screen-Shot-2020-01-31-at-3.56.36-PM

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS + Linux (Mint)

Attachments:
      • #2123949 Reply
        b
        AskWoody Plus

Working fine in Microsoft Edge.

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004: Group ASAP (Pioneer/Chump)

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2123957 Reply
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

It looks as if some browsers have problems seeing “the whole picture” here, but some do not, at least at the moment. Wavy, for example, has been posting several comments just now on a different problem he is experiencing: some trouble placing and seeing links. All this, as far as I have noticed, seems to be new, maybe as new as today’s.

• #2123960 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

It’s working fine for me in FF72 and the latest WaterFox Classic. Have you accidentally clicked on the + in the Zoom adjustment?

Screen-Shot-2020-01-31-at-4.02.22-PM

Attachments:
        • #2124006 Reply
          OscarCP
          AskWoody Plus

PK, Yes, that is it: I have used, some time ago, “Command +” to make the letters bigger and easier to read and that setting has stuck since then. I’ve done that because even in “Full Screen” they are too small to read the contents comfortably (something like 9-point size or even less). But the same writing shows quite large enough in FF and with nothing missing in the page. The reason, it turns out, is that WF shows large right and left black vertical bands at each side of Woody’s Web page, while FF does not, so the whole screen is filled with the Web page and nothing else. So I am going to investigate this, in case someone might have posted an article on this issue somewhere, out there, in the WWW. And if anyone here has some useful information, prey, let us all WF fans know. (And WF is my default browser.)

Also I must make clear that, now that Win 7 has gone out of support, I am doing all my browsing with the Mac. Later I will do some of it also using Linux in the PC, where I have it in dual-boot with Windows. Then I’ll see how WF is doing there, these days.

• #2124014 Reply
            PKCano
            Da Boss

My WaterFox looks exactly like my FireFox. Mayby you should check if the zoom is the same on both. I put my zoom indicator at the left on my bookmarks bar (just under the back arrow), so it would be easy to see/get to.

• #2124019 Reply
        wavy
        AskWoody Plus

I only have that problem if I zoom in.
        Ok can that, I can see some text for the boxes unlike Oscars which is just blank.
        PS My ‘resolutions’/findings are:

Blank default text box results in no link being displayed in posts, this may have been a forum change.

‘OffTopic’ post thread deleted containing an example of the above referenced situation causing a 2 hour long troubleshooting session.

You tube video links (posted by Oscar) blank likely caused by NoScript cross site block.(gotta take a closer look at this)

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
      • #2124027 Reply
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks, PK and Wavy: What happened and I just figure out, was that I had WF set to zoom in only the text, so as not to enlarge the page so much that it would not fit all at once on screen at my preferred letter size. I just turned this setting off and then zoomed in the page until no more black vertical bars appeared at either the right or the left of it. Then I got the whole top bar showing once more. So now I see the whole screen at once, only the letters are, once more, just a tad too small for my complete comfort…

I hope Wavy’s own browsing troubles are no more, or getting very near the end.

Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Home Page top bar's rightmost buttons not showing.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.