News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Hotmail not staying logged in

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Author
    Topic

Good Morning All

My wife has a Hotmail.com account for her e-mails.

The program can be opened normally on the log-in screen, but thereafter on subsequent openings it asks for a ‘sign in’ button to be clicked (but no request for a password again) even though the “keep me signed in” box has been ticked.

This is experienced on her Lenovo laptop but not on her account on our shared desktop where the  same settings are in place.

Both machines run Windows10 21H1 – the Laptop on Pro- and the Desktop on Home-.

These were updated with the September updates 3 days ago, and her e-mail problems have only started since then.

Is there a way to correct this change on the laptop and get back to how it used to be?

Thanks and regards,

Roy.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Sorry – I need to correct my previous post.

September Windows updates were NOT installed 3 days ago – these have been paused for now and what I meant to say was that the MCT Installation Media and the Windows Recovery Drive tools were downloaded to two USB’s on the Laptop the day before my wife noticed the problem.

However I did the same thing for the desktop computer and this does not suffer the same log-in problem with Hotmail.

Sorry again for the confusion – must have had a brainstorm !!

Regards,

Roy.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    Reply To: Hotmail not staying logged in

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.