News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • How do I unsubscribe????

Posted on grandma78633 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody Central Tips for using the Lounge How do I unsubscribe????

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        grandma78633
        AskWoody Plus

Solved my problem.  Now how do I unsubscribe to stop emails??

• #2298080 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

A the top right of each topic, there is a “Favorites/Subscribe/Unsubscribe” link. If you see “Unsubscribe” that means you have the option b/c you are currently subscribed.

Also, if you click your ID link under your Avatar, it will take you to your Profile, where you will find a link to the topics to which you are subscribed. And you can “UN” there as well.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-9.57.03-AM

Attachments:
      • #2298089 Reply
        grandma78633
        AskWoody Plus

Attached is my screen.  Says No forums were found here, but I am getting emails.Screenshot-2020-09-22-102722

Attachments:
        • #2298098 Reply
          PKCano
          Da Boss

It shows you are subscribed to two topics. Open the topics and unsubscribe (see screenshot below)

• #2298093 Reply
        grandma78633
        AskWoody Plus

Attach screen shot.  Where is link?Screenshot-2020-09-22-103259

Attachments:
        • #2298102 Reply
          PKCano
          Da Boss

At the top of the topic is the link to Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Screen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-10.36.34-AM

Attachments:
      • #2298156 Reply
        CADesertRat
        AskWoody Plus

There must be a glitch somewhere because I am in no way subscribed to this thread and I got it in my email just like a subscribed thread. It’s happened before on a couple of other threads also so somewhere there is a problem.

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does 🙂
        4 Win 10 Pro at 1909 (3 Desktops, 1 Laptop).

• #2298185 Reply
          Kirsty
          Da Boss

You would should only have had a notification for this new topic if you had a Subscription to the Tips For The Lounge forum 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
          • #2298195 Reply
            CADesertRat
            AskWoody Plus

You would should only have had a notification for this new topic if you had a Subscription to the Tips For The Lounge forum 🙂

Your absolutely right Kirsty but I never was subscribed to this thread and I am still not subscribed. I only got the first posting of this thread and no subsequent replies.

I checked as soon as it arrived today and checked to see if somehow I was subscribed and I wasn’t/am not subscribed.

Hmm, just noticed you mentioned “Tips for the Lounge Forum”, I don’t know if I am subscribed for that or not, will have to check.

Doesn’t look like it.

forums

Attachments:
            • #2298242 Reply
              Kirsty
              Da Boss

Subscriptions to fora (should) give you email notifications for any new topic that is created within that forum, but not for any replies to those new topics.

• #2298258 Reply
                CADesertRat
                AskWoody Plus

Thanks Kirsty but according to the screenshot above, I’m not subscribed to any “fora” so I guess I am still confused as to why that post came to me. Not a big deal but I just assume there is a “glitch”.

• #2298450 Reply
                Kirsty
                Da Boss

Glitches/conflicts/bugs… we have plenty of ’em 😉

2 users thanked author for this post.
        • #2298203 Reply
          PaulK
          AskWoody Lounger

Would it help to try this experiment, a la tricks that work on the software whose name shall not be mentioned?

Do a Subscribe to it / wait a day or two / Unsubscribe.

• #2299054 Reply
        woody
        Da Boss

I’m working with grandma76833 and can confirm – the system doesn’t think the account is subscribed, but emails are still going out.

I thin k PaulK’s idea is the best approach.

Argh.

Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: How do I unsubscribe????

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.