News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • How do I want to open this? IE 11 and Outlook 2010 links

Home Forums AskWoody support Questions: Browsers and desktop software Internet Explorer and Edge How do I want to open this? IE 11 and Outlook 2010 links

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by

WSlarb 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

WSlarb
      AskWoody Lounger

I am running Windows 10 Pro 1511,

I have established IE11 as my default browser.

If, while reading in Outlook 2010, I select a link, I get the pop up window ” How would you like to open this?” A listing under “keep using this app?” – IE 11, under “featured in Windows 10” – Edge, And under “Other Options” – Chrome and a link to the app store.

I have selected the IE and filled the “always use this app” probably a hundred times. How do I make the system understand how annoying it can be? I’d like to convince it that I’m not going to change my mind any time soon and It can just go ahead and use IE every time.:rolleyes:

Anyone?
      Thanks
      Larry

• #1591421 Reply

Coochin
      AskWoody_MVP

I am running Windows 10 Pro 1511…

1607 was released mid-2016; you really should upgrade to the latest v1607 build, “Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.693)”.

I have helped a number of customers whose Win10 PCs were stuck on v1511. In such cases I use the Media Creation Tool to upgrade Win10 to the latest build.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: How do I want to open this? IE 11 and Outlook 2010 links

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.