News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • How do you retrieve your username?

Home Forums AskWoody Central How do you retrieve your username?

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  PaulK 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

anonymous

I am a member but I don’t remember my username. How can I retrieve it?

• #2002340 Reply

Kirsty
      Da Boss

Contact CustomerSupport, with the email address your account uses. If we can find it, we can advise the account name, to get you able to log in.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #2002380 Reply

PaulK
      AskWoody Lounger

Maybe I’m missing something in the shuffle, but I just logged in by using my email address.
      LogIn

Then I clicked on my (already displayed) Display Name (which is the same as my Nickname); and then clicked on Edit to see all the profile info. One also can click on ‘My account’  in the header line; then the ‘Account details’.

Attachments:
      • #2002386 Reply

woody
        Da Boss

Once you’ve set up a “proper” account – one that doesn’t have an email address as the user name — you can then log on using your email address, if you like. that’s a WordPress thing.

Once logged on, your “proper” username is the one that shows up in all the publicly viewable places. In your case, you show up as PaulK everywhere – even if you used your email address to log in.

• #2002392 Reply

PaulK
          AskWoody Lounger

Right-o. I do normally use my Nickname to login, but I was demonstrating that one still can use one’s address. And since, from other discussions, it appears that WordPress is the underlying vehicle, I would guess that one may for the indefinite future choose either Nickname or address.

b
          • #2002486 Reply

Kirsty
            Da Boss

The email address isn’t *meant* to work in that widget, but the wording is by default. Many, many Loungers are unable to log-in using an email address, causing them enormous frustration.

It is always best to use the account name (despite what the widget shows) 🙂

• #2002511 Reply

PaulK
              AskWoody Lounger

Oh … OK. It always worked for me, so I didn’t know that I have exceptional privileges(!). Perhaps it is because I signed up before the whale came swimming, and left waves in its wake.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: How do you retrieve your username?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.