News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • How does Windows Update work?

Posted on Tchalms Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 How does Windows Update work?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tchalms 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Tchalms
      AskWoody Plus

I came across this MS article and thought, “Surely, this must be on AskWoody.” So I searched but didn’t find it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/how-windows-update-works

As of right now, this article applies to Win10.

Since MS has a bad habit of making their articles disappear, would it be a good idea to copy/paste the contents of the article here? Yes/No ?

Cheers to all.
      TChalms

• #2015922 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

We don’t paste whole articles here, only a brief synopsis and a link. Anything else may be a breach of copyright.

cheers, Paul

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #2016145 Reply

Tchalms
      AskWoody Plus

Paul: Glad I asked first. Thanks.

Note that this article is one of string of MS articles that deals with deploying and updating Win10.

Cheers.

• #2016240 Reply

Kirsty
        Da Boss

Microsoft’s support (and other website) articles & material are subject to copyright. We’ve had swift responses from them when people have posted such here.

From the Lounge Rules:

Posts must respect copyrights. If you want to quote somebody, use a snippet with a link to the original source. I get burned by that at least once a day — you’ll see no sympathy here.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #2016700 Reply

Tchalms
      AskWoody Plus

Yep! Really glad I asked first. I’m sorry I don’t have time to write up a summary, other than to say that I was wondering what Orchestrator is, and this article explains the role of Orchestrator in the new Windows 10 Updates.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: How does Windows Update work?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.