News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • How long should 1903 installation take?

Posted on Fenshaw Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1903 – May 2019 Update How long should 1903 installation take?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Fenshaw 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Fenshaw
      AskWoody Plus

I am trying to install 1903 it has been running for 13 hours I have a black screen with an active mouse cursor should I keep it running or stop the process? How long should I wait

• #1845596 Reply

anonymous

Windows 10 should take much less than thirteen hours to install or update. Does the hard drive light still flicker?

• #1845950 Reply

Fenshaw
      AskWoody Plus

Yes, the disk looks and sounds very busy.  Now it’s over 26 hours. Guess it’s in some hung loop.

• #1846101 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

Assuming you have a good backup from before the upgrade attempt, I would pull the plug (hold down the power button).

cheers, Paul

• #1846988 Reply

Fenshaw
      AskWoody Plus

As it turns out, there was an article on yesterday’s “How To Geek.” I’m not the only one who had this problem. It turns out that all you had to do was the one thing I didn’t try, CTL_Alt_Del. MS knows about it. Thanks for your help.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: How long should 1903 installation take?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.