News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • How long to delay quality updates

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 How long to delay quality updates

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

WSvic6 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

WSvic6
      AskWoody Plus

I am running Win 10 Pro Build 17763.437. For how long is it prudent to delay installation of updates. I am especially concerned with the setting for Quality Updates.

My current settings are:

When Updates are Installed: set to Semi-Annual Channel

Feature Updates: deferred for 180 days

Quality Updates: deferred for 20 day

What settings do you recommend, and why?

• #1726075 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

See this thread about WIn10 Pro update settings.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1731824 Reply

cyberSAR
      AskWoody Plus

I am running Win 10 Pro Build 17763.437. For how long is it prudent to delay installation of updates. I am especially concerned with the setting for Quality Updates.

My current settings are:

When Updates are Installed: set to Semi-Annual Channel

Feature Updates: deferred for 180 days

Quality Updates: deferred for 20 day

What settings do you recommend, and why?

I grapple with this question on machines I work on for clients. Most don’t have a clue so having them go in and check isn’t going to happen. I set most of them to 180 and 14. I figure most of the “Really Bad” updates will get pulled by day 14 and I’m not stretching them out too far for needed updates. 6 months ought to get the feature updates squared away.

On machines I maintain, after testing the updates for a few days to a week, we start rolling them out manually from least important to most important machines.

• #1736167 Reply

WSvic6
      AskWoody Plus

Thanks cyberSAR, I’ll give those settings a try

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: How long to delay quality updates

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.