News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • How stop Outlook 2016 C2R from logging

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 365 and Click-to-Run How stop Outlook 2016 C2R from logging

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Tex265
        AskWoody Plus

Have Windows 10 Pro x64 – local account both Windows and MS Office 2016 C2R. Installed approx 2 years ago.  Do not have the Outlook 2016 Troubleshooting checked in Options.

Ever since installation, I have had an Outlook Logging folder in my Temp Folder and it would contain several entries for the last 2 days (would automatically refresh itself to contain only the last 2 days so no big deal).

I keep Updates for Office turned OFF, then periodically turn it ON and manually run the update to the then current version then turn back OFF.

Just noticed, but since allowing the update 2 weeks ago, my Outlook Logging folder now appears to contain an entry for each day and each time I open and use the Outlook program with each entry approx 1.2MB (I open multiple times a day).  They  are also no longer self refreshing so they all remain.

Anybody know why and how to stop this from happening?

Internet searches don’t seem to have an answer other than to uncheck the Troubleshooting Option within Outlook, but it is NOT checked.

Windows 10 Pro x64 v1909 and Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 (RIP)
      • #2211072 Reply
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

It might be that a registry key did not get reset. See How to enable global and advanced logging for Microsoft Outlook. There are a number of registry keys listed that you can check and reset as needed.

--Joe

• #2211187 Reply
        Tex265
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks, checked those out.

Only entry I have shows EnableLogging and it is set to 0 (No)

I checked Logging On in Outlook Advanced setting to get this to appear and it was created and set as 1 (Yes), unchecked it and it set to 0.  After Outlook restart – it is still logging at every start up of the Outlook app.

• #2224013 Reply
        Tex265
        AskWoody Plus

Still looking for a solution to this Outlook 2016 C2R logging issue.

Can’t find any rhyme or reason why the app is logging on its own.

I periodically delete the Outlook Logging folder from my Temp file but would like to find a proper solution.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: How stop Outlook 2016 C2R from logging

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.