News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• How to acquire a copy of Win10 2004 on a USB flash drive

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 2004 – May 2020 Update How to acquire a copy of Win10 2004 on a USB flash drive

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        TonyC
        AskWoody Lounger

I missed the opportunity to “squirrel away” a copy of Win10 2004 on a USB flash drive.  Is there any other way of acquiring the installation code on a USB flash drive?  And are there detailed instructions on how to do it?

I presume that, even if I could obtain a copy of MediaCreationTool2004.exe, it would no longer work because, when I try to run it, it would attempt to download the code from a Microsoft server and the code no longer exists there.  Correct?

Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

Try using the ‘SEARCH FORUMS’ facility on the RHS panel.
        There have been lots of repeated request posts with solutions.

W10, the itch you simply cannot scratch!
        1 user thanked author for this post.
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Correct?

Correct.

Download an ISO copy from Heidoc.net.
        Create a bootable USB stick with Ventoy or Rufus.

2 users thanked author for this post.
          TonyC
          AskWoody Lounger

Thank you for the response, but see #2350202. I might have solved my problem in an unexpected way.

EP
        AskWoody_MVP

though I think it might be better to use this Universal Media Creation tool wrapper script from github to obtain a revised version of Win10 v2004 with at least the Oct. 2020 cumulative update (build 19041.572) installed to resolve the “lost certificates” problem when upgrading to 2004 thru USB install media.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          TonyC
          AskWoody Lounger

Thanks for that. In fact, after a little more research on the Internet, I found the “wrapper script” MediaCreationTool.bat myself and I now have a copy of build 19041.572.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: How to acquire a copy of Win10 2004 on a USB flash drive

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.