News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • How to Add a Signature to Your Profile

Home Forums AskWoody Central Tips for using the Lounge How to Add a Signature to Your Profile

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Morty 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Kirsty
      Da Boss

It’s really quite easy to add a signature.

1. You need to be logged in first
      2. Go to your profile, by clicking on your user name (upper right corner, or on any of your posts)
      3. Click Edit, at the bottom of the menu on the left
      4. Scroll down to Your Forum Signature, and enter the text in there. It accepts basic BBCodes – the Text Formatting codes on this phpbb.com link seem to work.
      5. Click Update at the bottom of the page, and you’re done. Every post you have already created in the new Lounge will now sport your choice of signature.

This can also be achieved in the dashboard, as mentioned on How to Remotely Log Out from Askwoody.com.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    • #115991 Reply

alpha128
      AskWoody Lounger

Thank you for sharing.  Thanks to your tip I now have my avatar in my signature.

• #116028 Reply

Kirsty
        Da Boss

@alpha128
        It appears you may have used an http: link for your avatar, rather than https: which WordPress requires.

@lizzytish‘s BBCode page explains some of the things she learned when she added her graphic, it may help you out 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #145254 Reply

prachtexemplar
      AskWoody Lounger

I am not able to find my User ID at any location of any page I am navigating, except when I entered my User ID to log onto the site.

Might I please ask what I am making a mistake about?

Thank you.

My second attempt to edit.  I was trying to indicate that I now have a post and so a link to my profile page.

• #145256 Reply

Kirsty
        Da Boss

I believe you may have been trying to modify things before your account has been moderated. It looks like you were able to achieve that afterwards.

There are a couple of issues with the site at the moment, which means the user link is currently AWOL. Hopefully things will be recitified shortly, but I can see reasons for only allowing moderated users to access certain parts 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #145274 Reply

prachtexemplar
          AskWoody Lounger

Thank you, Kirsty, for your attention to my post.

Seems, though, that I still can’t find my User ID on an index page, except if I go to a post I have done.

But, if the management folks are aware of a problem, then they will fix it someday. I’m not that inconvenienced, now that I understand what’s up.

Also a site that has a few bugs sort of feels more real than a site that is so smooth and cool and feeling really corporate-like.

And this is so much “cooler” than what we had a few decades ago. Except we all thought of the message boards of the time as so cool.

I better stop. Just an old man rambling on.

But wanted to gives thanks.

• #321033 Reply

Morty
      AskWoody Plus

I’ve lost track. Can we have a scorecard of what’s Group A and what’s Group B?

(And, not that I’m paranoid, but do we really want to advertise who left the door open?)

• #321174 Reply

browni
      AskWoody MVP

@morty, you’ll find the answer to that (and lots of other useful information) in the Knowledge Base.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #321264 Reply

Morty
        AskWoody Plus

Got it. I broke my pencil, so I had to get off the Group W bench. Nuff said.

Thank you.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: How to Add a Signature to Your Profile

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.