News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• How to delete an attachment, once posted

Home Forums AskWoody Central Getting started How to delete an attachment, once posted

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        WCHS
        AskWoody Plus

On a number of occasions, I have discovered that I attached a file in a post that has some error in it. I want to delete it.

Once the post has been submitted with the attachment, when I go to edit the post, I cannot figure out how to delete the erroneous attachment. I see where I can post a new attachment that does not have the error in it, but I do not see where I can delete the attachment that does have the error in it.

Can you give me advice on this?

geekdom
        AskWoody Plus

Ask the moderator.  Nicely.

On Hiatus {with backup and coffee}
        offline▸ Win10Pro 2004.19041.572 x64 i3-3220 RAM8GB HDD Firefox83.0b3 WindowsDefender TRV=1909 WuMgr
        offline▸ Win10Pro 20H2.19042.685 x86 Atom N270 RAM2GB HDD WindowsDefender WuMgr GuineaPigVariant
        online▸ Win10Pro 20H2.19042.804 x64 i5-9400 RAM16GB HDD Firefox86.0 WindowsDefender TRV=20H2 WuMgr
        1 user thanked author for this post.
          WCHS
          AskWoody Plus

Actually, a moderator replied to me in a PM that it is not possible to delete an incorrect attachment once posted.

The suggested solution is for me to copy the post, then let the moderator know to delete the post, and then re-post with the corrected attachment, using the copy as a guide.

That works!!

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: How to delete an attachment, once posted

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.