News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • How to find your Topics and Replies

Home Forums AskWoody Central Suggestions about improving the Lounge How to find your Topics and Replies

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  woody 1 month ago.

• Author

Razz
      AskWoody Plus

May I suggest that

1. We remove Anonymous as a name option, as when there are many Anonymouses we have no idea who we are corresponding with at any point in time.
      2. That there be a way in our account page to link to the posts/replies we have entered so we can get to them faster.

I could of course be entirely wrong and there is only one Anonymous, and there already is a way of quickly referencing what I have posted and just haven’t found it yet!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1952102 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss
      1. Woody is adamant about allowing Anonymous posters on AskWoody.com. We have recieved valuable information from those who do not or cannot register.
      2. You can find the Topics and replies you have created by clicking on your ID below your Avatar. That will take you to your profile. Then click on “Topics started” or “Replies Created.”

Screen-Shot-2019-09-15-at-11.09.23-AM

Attachments:
    • #1952207 Reply

woody
      Da Boss

“Anonymous” isn’t an actual user name. It’s WordPress speak for “not logged in.”

Man, I wish more anonymous folks would register here. It’d make life for everyone a little easier. But, as PKCano says, I’m adamant about allowing anonymous posts. Many reasons.

In almost all cases, if you reply to an anonymous post, it’ll be obvious (from the indentation) to whom you’re replying. If there’s any chance for ambiguity, either quote part of the post, or right-click on the post number (in the upper right) and copy the URL into your post.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: How to find your Topics and Replies

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.