News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• How to uninstall McAfee

Home Forums AskWoody Central Tips for using the Lounge How to uninstall McAfee

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

Uninvited, McAfee has installed on my Samsung UltraBook running Windows10 64bit, I have tried McAfee’s own uninstall program but without success.

Regards

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Uninvited, McAfee has installed on my Samsung UltraBook running Windows10 64bit, I have tried McAfee’s own uninstall program but without success.

Regards

Try the free portable Geekuninstaller.
        The app will clear registry entries as well.

anonymous

After getting McAfee fully uninstalled, I would look into just how it got installed “uninvited” in the first place, such as by something else you downloaded and McAfee came along for the ride after you may have overlooked a check box in an agreement (or one was never presented). It could have even come as part of the software pre-installed at the factory by Samsung as part of a sort of bonus software package.

It could have even been installed by a piece of software called a browser helper object or a browser “toolbar” type of browser assistant that’s part of another software package you knowingly installed. These types of “programs” or “features” are often found by running an anti-malware scan using scanners that are part of anti-malware programs or suites from Bit Defender or Malwarebytes, just to name a couple. Browser helpers can even be installed just by browsing to a web site and then the web site says “hey, click here to let our site work better with your browser” or similar phrases.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: How to uninstall McAfee

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.