News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• How to update to 21H1?

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 10 » Questions: Win10 » How to update to 21H1?

Author
    Topic

I want to follow Susan’s advice and update from 20H2 to 21H1 but need instructions. Windows Update wants to update me to 21H2 and I don’t see another option to select the previous version.

I went to the Windows ISO page linked, but it was clear as mud. Said I need a license (of course I have a Win 10 Home license) and then need to download a tool. Clarify please?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

This post has instructions for staying on the version of Windows 10 you want.

MS-DEFCON 4: The printing issues continue

Windows 10 Home 21H1, non-techie

AKB2000003 has Susan’s the scripts necessary to upgrade Win10 Home from 20H2 to 21H1.

AKB2000016 Guide for Windows Update Settings for Win10 has information on WU settings. Section 1 is General and Section 2 is for Home Edition. Read through this so you know what’s available.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Thanks for that info, samak. Just to clarify, the text says to “stay on” a version, but I want to update to a higher version (and then stay there). Will the registry edit do this for me?

When you put in that 21H1 registry key and then let windows update do it’s thing, it will ONLY offer 21H1, not 21H2.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

1 user thanked author for this post.

…the text says to “stay on” a version, but I want to update to a higher version (and then stay there). Will the registry edit do this for me?

Please read Susan’s reply (post number 2402752), immediately above this one. She answers your question perfectly.  🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    Reply To: How to update to 21H1?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.