News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • How to use Simplix Update Patch?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Windows 7 patches How to use Simplix Update Patch?

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        egad
        AskWoody Lounger

Want to try the update pack on Win 7 fresh install that was recommended.
        I downloaded UpdatePack7R2.exe 753mb and UpdatePatch-19.9.24.exe 269kb. Unsure how to proceed. Do I need/use both of them? Which do I use 1st?
        Step by Step instructions needed as I have never used Simplix Update packs.

Thanks

• #1974824 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Not used simplix so I can’t advise, except to say why not just let Windows Update handle the updates?

The other offline updating patch used by some here is WSUS Offline.

cheers, Paul

• #1974834 Reply
        Carl D
        AskWoody Lounger

Download the Update Pack 7R2 (which was released September 11th) and the UpdatePatch  19.9.24 (which was released September 24th).

Put both downloaded files into a folder (call it Simplix or whatever you like).

You should then have 2 files – UpdatePack7R2-19.9.11 and UpdatePatch-19.9.24

Double click the UpdatePatch-19.9.24 and it will run and create a new UpdatePack7R2-19.9.24. Double click this new file to install all the updates.

Usually there is just one pack per month but sometimes the author has problems with a few of the Windows Updates (especially lately) and he releases revised packs in the form of patches to update the main pack a few days or a week or so later which is what has happened again this month.

If you’re doing a clean install and you want Internet Explorer 11 included (it doesn’t get installed by default) you need to hold Shift and right click the folder where the Simplix Pack is located and select “Open Command Window here” and type (for this month):

UpdatePack7R2-19.9.24.exe /ie11 /silent /reboot

then press Enter.

Let it run until it is finished, it normally installs about 80 updates at a time with several reboots in between.

Also – it is a good idea to go to Windows Update afterwards because the Simplix Pack doesn’t have any of the .NET Framework security updates included.

Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H Motherboard, Intel i5-7600 CPU, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Graphics Card, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, Windows 10 Professional 2004 64bit.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #1974862 Reply
        egad
        AskWoody Lounger

Thanks so much for your info.

I didn’t know what the UpdatePatch-19.9.24 was for so I didn’t use it.  Guess I will run it again & use the UpdatePatch.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: How to use Simplix Update Patch?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.