News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • hp Envy printer problem

Posted on coinman333 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support PC hardware hp Envy printer problem

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        coinman333
        AskWoody Plus

When I put a page on the scanner bed to scan I get a green bar running the length of the paper about 2 inches wide.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

THANKS !!!

• #2212805 Reply
        geekdom
        AskWoody Plus

Your printer may be failing. Are you able to connect your printer to another computer to see if the same problem exists?

G{ot backup} TestBeta
        offline▸ Win7Pro SP1 x64 Storage
        online▸ Win10Pro 1909.18363.836 x64 i5-9400 RAM8GB HDD Firefox77.0 Windows{Image/Defender/Firewall}
        • #2223370 Reply
          coinman333
          AskWoody Plus

I do not have another computer to try scanning on.  I can tell you that the printer works and if I do a scan from an app on my iPhone called HP Smart, I can take a picture and then make that into a .pdf or print it.  Not sure any of that helps ?

I really don’t want to but a whole new printer/scanner if I can avoid it.

Any further thoughts appreciated !!!!!

• #2223381 Reply
            geekdom
            AskWoody Plus

Perhaps someone else here has an idea.

G{ot backup} TestBeta
            offline▸ Win7Pro SP1 x64 Storage
            online▸ Win10Pro 1909.18363.836 x64 i5-9400 RAM8GB HDD Firefox77.0 Windows{Image/Defender/Firewall}
      • #2223383 Reply
        Rick Corbett
        AskWoody_MVP

Have you seen this HP support video? Comments under the video show step 1 miraculously worked for one person.

If it’s 2 inches wide, could it be a shred of paper stuck to the scanning head?

Hope this helps…

• #2223385 Reply
        Cee Arr
        AskWoody Plus

Try this  link it has helped me sort of HP printer and scanner problems without all the anguish.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: hp Envy printer problem

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.