News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Huge trove of new KBs

Home Forums AskWoody blog Huge trove of new KBs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cascadian 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

I just posted a bunch of newly created — and updated — KBs on the KBNew list. Will report back on them in the morning. See anything interesting?
      [See the full post at: Huge trove of new KBs]

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #169658 Reply

abbodi86
      AskWoody_MVP

Thanks for the update, saves me from doing Excel thing myself 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #169735 Reply

anonymous

As usual, Microsoft has to make patching and updating so darn complicated!

• #169851 Reply

Cascadian
        AskWoody Lounger

Microsoft has a massive amount of information to distribute, both internally and to interested parties outside of Redmond. The KB numbering system has been a reliable shorthand to identify particular items so that two people can be sure they are discussing the same item. Having this extensive list available for reference purposes is very valuable. But it is not required to keep your Windows installation up to date.

For simplicity, please rely on the usual MSDefcon rating. [currently a 2 at top of this page] For more extensive information on individual items and current advice as it develops, please seek out the most recent Patch Lady topic in the blog. Thanks to Susan Bradley.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Huge trove of new KBs

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.