News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • iCloud Calendar and Contacts lost following updates

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 8.1 Windows 8.1 (and Win 8) patches iCloud Calendar and Contacts lost following updates

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ScotchJohn 2 years ago.

• Author

anonymous

Upon running the last batch of Windows updates my iCloud connection to my calendar and contacts seems to have disappeared.  Error message seems to say the connection/link to iCloud is broken.  Let’s face it – those messages aren’t exactly definitive.

I’m not sure how to proceed and would appreciate any advice/suggestions.

Thinking uninstalling and reinstalling iCloud on my laptop might be the first step?

Thanks, Vic

• #127267 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Installing the latest version of iCloud for Windows may help you.
      Did you also recently update your iPhone/iPad to iOS 10.3.3? You might also check to see if your iCloud settings changed when you did.

• #127270 Reply

ch100
      AskWoody_MVP

I think it was a known issue with iCloud software for Windows and one of the rollups few months ago.
      Apple software did not use Microsoft standards and as such was broken by that update.
      I don’t know if iCloud for Windows has been updated, but you may want to use the web browser access to iCloud.com instead.

• #127416 Reply

ScotchJohn
      AskWoody Plus

I have experienced this today, after my wife’s machine upgraded to v 1703, and this is what I did (Win 10, v 1703 and Outlook 2010, other versions may differ).

I agree, check that you that you have the latest version of iCloud, which I think is 6.2.3.17, and apply it, if you have not already done so.  The iCloud data file sits in (Win 10, v 1703, Outlook 2010) C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\<long string of letters and figures>.aplzod.  If you don’t have the courage to delete this, you may rename it – aplzod to aplzog? – until you see that it has been replaced and becomes redundant.

Open iCloud and untick Contacts, Calendars and Tasks, it will make you close Outlook if you have not already done so.  Reopen Outlook, and in File > Account Settings > Data Files, you will find the reference to the iCloud aplzod folder.  Delete this, it only deletes the reference, and not the folder, which you may have renamed anyway.

Then, open iCloud from the Start Menu, tick the Contacts, Calendars and Tasks, and re-import these into Outlook.  I found that it did not work with import all, so you may have to tick the Import Some.  Eventually, by trial and error, it should work.

Good luck!

Dell E5570 Latitude, Intel Core i5 6440@2.60 GHz, 8.00 GB - Win 10 Pro

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: iCloud Calendar and Contacts lost following updates

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.