News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • IIS_IUSRS / System Security Users Names

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows IIS_IUSRS / System Security Users Names

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jabeattyauditor 1 month ago.

• Author

anonymous

I have been using McAfee Total Protection for about a month & suddenly have the below two files permanently put in my C:\windows\temp folder, of which I can not delete. When I open properties for each in the Security tab for SYSTEM User names it says IIS_IUSRS(my pc name)IIS_IUSRS) for both under Permissions for SYSTEM it is ALLOWED for Special Permissions

I have not asked McAfee cuz well I’d rather not have another go round w/them. I do not allow their Auto Updates (i constantly check when I want to allow) & I have never allowed them Remote Access to my PC.  Can anyone please explain what this is all about to me? I feel like this is something that I should Not be allowing on my PC.  Thank You

C:\windows\temp\mcafee_u5HYkvAKrsE9ue2

C:\windows\temp\mcafee_h7m2LJXZDAsAxkx

• #2088812 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

What version of Windows are you using Win7, Win8.1, Win10 1809, 1903, 1909?
      What Edition of Windows: Home , Pro?
      Is your PC connected to a Server?

• #2088881 Reply

anonymous

• #2088911 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

C:\Windows\temp id for temporary files used by running programs.
      It seems McAfee needs a couple of temporary files so it keeps them locked while it uses them.
      This is a normal and expected occurrence.

cheers, Paul

• #2110217 Reply

anonymous

I do not know if I am doing this right. This reply is for Paul.

Since it took this site soooo long put up post, I just finally did the DREADED & once again called McAfee C. Service regarding this problem. Waste of time, their DUMBER than a box of rocks.  & I have yet to talk to a C. Service Rep that has English as their primary language. Thats putting it nicely. This person did not have a clue. I finally figured out how to get those files off myself. So I am sorry Paul but you are incorrect.with your answer. Thank you though.

• #2110230 Reply

jabeattyauditor
      AskWoody Lounger

I’d bet you just broke McAfee’s ability to inspect SSL website traffic, and I disagree with your assessment of Paul’s answer. To each his own…

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: IIS_IUSRS / System Security Users Names

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.