News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • imovie problems in osx 10.6.8

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems macOS imovie problems in osx 10.6.8

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        gsel
        AskWoody Lounger

I’m sure that I don’t have an imovie version and can’t seem to find one that will be accepted in this osx…what do I need to know or download to obtain a working version.

I’m still new to an apple product so any advice would be appreciated greatly..

g

• #2298710 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

Open the App Store.
        In the search box, type “iMovie”
        There should be a “Get” button at the bottom right of the iMovie box
        Click on “Get” and it should download and install.

Edit: I just realized you have Snow Leopard. The above probably won’t work.
        Try this link: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4577909

Or maybe this one on Amazon.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by PKCano.
        1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2298771 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Look here https://support.apple.com/downloads/ilife

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2299227 Reply
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

You need iMovie 9.0.4. iMovie 9 shipped with iLife 11.

It’s possible on the Mac App Store, if you attempt the download of iMovie, that the Mac App Store will prompt you to download an earlier version of iMovie suited for Snow Leopard (occasionally this works).

If not, you can try to find iLife 11 on eBay or Amazon, or it is available for free on MacintoshGarden.org.

After installing iLife 11, you can run Software Update to update to iMovie 9.0.4, which is the latest Snow Leopard compatible version.

Nathan Parker

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: imovie problems in osx 10.6.8

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.