News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Index to AskWoody newsletters

Home Forums AskWoody Central Getting started Index to AskWoody newsletters

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        cellsee6
        AskWoody Plus

I hope this is the correct forum for this question.

I print out each newsletter because there is lots of good information.  Then  I write notes in the margin.  Now i have 4 binders full of newsletters.  When I want to find information I have to page through hundreds of pages .  This is a time waster.

I am wondering if there is an index to the newsletters.  I have searched the messages for an index and found many discussions about indexes for other things but not for the newsletter.

Chris Greaves
        AskWoody Plus

“Now I have 4 binders full of newsletters.”
        Hi Cellsee6. If instead of 4 binders of paper you had appended each Newsletter to a single MSWord document, you could use my one-click indexer. That would do what you want – provide an index of every important word in all the newsletters. You can download a free copy http://www.chrisgreaves.com/Downloads/Indxr_FREE.zip.
        That version is from 2018. I have a later version in use, but not released.
        Cheers
        Chris

Unless you're in a hurry, just wait.

Moonshine
        AskWoody Lounger

Re an ‘Index’ – you could check out the Newsletter/Alerts – Yearly Archives
        Chose a ‘Year’, select an edition and look at the In this issue section to see what is in that particular issue.

I print out each newsletter. . . . .

For future use, maybe try to save a few trees and save your newsletters as PDFs or Print the pages as PDFs.
        Some PDF readers/viewers allow you to add Comments or Notes etc. These can be placed anywhere you want in the PDF including the side margins. I favour the Notes as these can be created and minimised to a small yellow icon. To read a Note, just d/click the icon to reveal your note/comment and d/click again to close.
        Saving the changes will preserve the ‘Notes/comments’ and should show them in other PDF readers/viewers.
        Give Foxit PDF Reader a try, my example below used Foxit Reader Portable. Many modern readers/viewers have similar options to use.

https://portableapps.com/apps/office/foxit_reader_portable

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

You could use the “Search Newsletters” option up on the right. That should give you a start.

cheers, Paul

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Index to AskWoody newsletters

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.