• Info window blank in MS Outlook

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 10 » Questions: Win10 » Info window blank in MS Outlook

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago.
    Author
    Topic

I am having a problem with MS Outlook 2016 the desktop version. Recently the information window is blank. When I click File no information is displayed (see screen shot). I have all Add-ins disabled. When I run Outlook in safe mode the information displays properly and functions normally (see second screen shot).

I ran a quick repair on Outlook with no change. I do not want to run a full repair. This is an OEM version that came loaded on the Dell computer.

Has anyone run into this problem and found a resolution?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

What add ins are installed?

Susan Bradley Patch Lady/Prudent patcher

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have attached screen shots of the add ins windows in both normal mode and safe mode.

Al

Can you try removing and then reinstalling (unless you don’t need it) the Dymo label one?  I want to rule out the odd file location it’s pointing to.

I tried to remove the Dymo label add in but received a notice that administrator privileges are required, which the user has (see attached screen shot). I uninstalled the Dymo program and restarted the computer but the Dymo label add in still persists.

I seem to be sinking deeper into the Outlook quagmire.

Al

Dymo is an evil program.  Their printers cause me grief.  You have admin privileges, right?

I’m glad I’m not the only one that thought that for a long time. But it’s what everyone wants to use.

I do have admin rights. I logged in with my admin user account and tried to remove the add in. Same problem…said I needed administrator privileges, which I do have.

I re-installed the Dymo program without the add in for all the Office applications. Still couldn’t remove the add in.

I wonder if I have a corrupted .dll file associated with the the label printer.

This whole problem is a brain twister.

Thanks for the advice. Running Outlook as admin allowed me to remove the Dymo label add in as well as a couple other add ins that Outlook was complaining about (Zoom and Social Connector). But no change in the blank window.

My tech skills don’t go nearly deep enough to know what controls the information display in this part of Outlook.

I do appreciate your assistance with this problem.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      b
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    Reply To: Info window blank in MS Outlook

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: