News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Insider Preview Build 18351(19H1) released to FAST & SLOW rings

Posted on joep517 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 beta builds Insider Preview Build 18351(19H1) released to FAST & SLOW rings

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

tjeuchre 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

See Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18351 for features, fixes, and known issues.

From the blog post:
      UPDATE 3/11: Hello Windows Insiders, we have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18351.7 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. Build 18351.7 (KB4492310) includes a single fix for the issue causing Chinese versions of multiple games to not work.

UPDATE 3/13: Hello Windows Insiders, we have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18351.8 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. Build 18351.8 (KB4492310) includes a fix to improve how we service builds.

--Joe

• #337828 Reply

woody
      Da Boss

They’re sure getting close. New builds coming fast and furious, all with many bug fixes and no new features.

I wonder if they’re going to add the various delay updates options to the Advanced Options dialog? I may have to teach people how to use gpedit… sigh…

• #337838 Reply

tjeuchre
      AskWoody Plus

my updates keep failing to install, the last error code was 0x80240034 and 0x80070005

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #337925 Reply

tjeuchre
      AskWoody Plus

Thank you for link will try to fix tomorrow

• #338021 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

This is the third Build in a row to crash.(Also 18343 and 18346) attempting to upgrade from Build 18343.1.
      Before I started I ran the Settings Update Troubleshooter – I found nothing.
      The crash occurs after the initial reboot.
      Just before the crash the screen reads:

Configuring updates for Windows 10
      100% complete

then “Restart” – that’s where it crashes.
      It reverts to Build 18343.1

• #338073 Reply

joep517
        AskWoody MVP

I would be very helpful if you could get an error code from a log file. My guess would be a permissions problem on a folder or registry entry but without more information that is not even a SWAG just a WAG.

--Joe

• #338078 Reply

PKCano
          Da Boss

If it is a permission problem, it has been introduced by the last three Builds, because this has been updating regularly for a long time (since 1607 Build 15042 3/5/2017).
          Will check the logs.

• #338091 Reply

joep517
            AskWoody MVP

I don’t remember which build but quite some time ago I had a problem installing one build because of a permissions issue. The build I was running set ownership and permissions of some registry key to TrustedInstaller (or some other system account) and then changed to an account with lesser permissions on the build I was trying to install. Install failed several times. Microsoft fixed it rather quickly but who knows in your case.

--Joe

• #338137 Reply

tjeuchre
      AskWoody Plus

Seems I am not able to delete the content files of the Catroot and catroot2 folder say the are being used by another folder

• #338142 Reply

joep517
        AskWoody MVP

Try re-booting and then delete.

--Joe

• #338174 Reply

tjeuchre
      AskWoody Plus

After doing all the clean-up deletions and etc. from the fix page, I  still get that darn error 0x80070005

• #338202 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

See these pages for some ideas on the 0x80070005 error:

Fix Windows Update Install error 0x80070005

0x80070005 – Fix for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10

--Joe

• #338264 Reply

tjeuchre
      AskWoody Plus

Well that didnt work ither still getting the 70005 error even tho i am the only one evere to use puter and all the ownership permissions are on full control

• #338279 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

It does not make any difference that you are the only user. Starting with Vista and carrying forward to Win10 even if you are the only user and a member of the administrators group you do NOT have unfettered access to everything on the system. Modern versions of Windows use certain system accounts such as TrustedInstaller and System. If one of these system accounts is the owner of an object which is trying to be modified by an account with lesser permissions or even no permissions the process will fail.

What did not work? Did you try all the steps?

--Joe

• #338289 Reply

tjeuchre
      AskWoody Plus

went thru all the steps im ready just to start with a fresh install of the newest iso build.

• #338310 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

You can also try the free version of Tweaking.com – Windows Repair.

--Joe

• #338365 Reply

tjeuchre
      AskWoody Plus

I cant figure out that tweaker program because free version doesnt do the job. Ill just wait for the new iso to distributed

• #338479 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Update: Crash for the 5th time (18343, 18346, 18351 x3)
      Seeing 0xC1900101 (hardware?) and mention of edrsensor (Bitdefender?).

Things I’ve tried before:
      cleanup (CCleaner to remove temp, cache, etc and Disk Cleanup system files)
      uninstall Malwarebytes Free, Cleaner
      Update to Open Shell 4.4.131
      All other programs up to date

Today I tried:
      Rename SoftwareDistribution
      Uninstall Bitdefender Free
      cleanup (CCleaner to remove temp, cache, etc and Disk Cleanup system files)

No joy. Crashes in the same place on second reboot.
      Think I’ll wait on MS for this one.
      Maybe later try a reinstall, but don’t have time now.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #338500 Reply

joep517
        AskWoody MVP

From what I can find that error code is most likely a driver compatibility problem.

Did you re-boot after uninstalling Bitdefender and before starting install?
        Have you run the Windows Update Troubleshooter?

Error 0xC1900101 during 2018 feature update installation has an extensive list of things to do in the first reply.

--Joe

• #338504 Reply

PKCano
          Da Boss

Yes to both question, multiple times on the second one. Didn’t find anything any time.
          The error has just cropped up in the last three Builds.
          This installation has been around for MANY updates/upgrades.
          Probably something MS changed and I won’t be the only one having the problem.
          Had to sit it out through several updates once before until MS finally fixed it.

• #339794 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Update:
      Today I ran
      sfc (found nothing)
      DISM (found nothing}
      reset the PC – crashed in the same place

Gotta be MS drivers

• #339801 Reply

tjeuchre
      AskWoody Plus

I downloaded build 18343 from UUDP and installed it but still cant run the update for the 351 build same 70005 error

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Insider Preview Build 18351(19H1) released to FAST & SLOW rings

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.