News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Intel Update – Ready to install or not

Posted on RDanRyder Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support PC hardware Intel Update – Ready to install or not

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        RDanRyder
        AskWoody Plus

Windows Update wants my win 10 (1909) x64 machine to install Extension 27.20.100.8587. I have temporarily hidden it per Woody’s Guide for Update Settings, but how can I find out when it’s safe to install it, since these updates don’t appear on the Master Patch List?

• #2297709 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

That appears to be an Intel video driver update. You can install it immediately after making an image backup of your PC – just in case it all goes pear shaped.

cheers, Paul

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2297902 Reply
        Kathy Stevens
        AskWoody Plus

Be careful with the Intel video driver update.

We use the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to periodically check for updates for our PCs.

Within the last week or so Support Assistant offered and we installed a new Intel video driver.

After installing the update, we ran into problems with one of our PCs and had to recover it from a restore point.

• #2297908 Reply
        CADesertRat
        AskWoody Plus

I just got an Intel video driver update on my HP ProBook 450 G2 yesterday. It didn’t show up on Intel Driver & Support Assistant but came in on the HP Support Assistant. It brought the driver up to 20.19.15.5126. I don’t use MS driver updates so the OP should probably follow Paul T’s advice.

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does 🙂
        4 Win 10 Pro at 1909 (3 Desktops, 1 Laptop).

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Intel Update – Ready to install or not

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.