News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz crashing while gaming

Posted on ZSiegel Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support PC hardware Questions: How to troubleshoot hardware problems Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz crashing while gaming

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        ZSiegel
        AskWoody Plus

Afternoon folks,

I have a peculiar problem with my brand new Dell Insprion 1591. I can connect to a WiFi network no problem, browse the internet, stream HD movies, etc. However, as soon as I try logging into an online game, my wireless card goes haywire.

In the event log, I get the following entries while attempting to connect to games on Steam, Epic Games and others:

“Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.”
        “Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.”
        “The network interface “Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz” has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 7 time(s) since it was last initialized.”

After this happens, the game inevitably disconnects and within a second or two, everything seems to be back to normal.

Another note, this ONLY has happened with the laptop plugged in, never on battery.

My router is has dual 2.4/5 GHz bands, and I am usually connected to the 5GHz. Never had these issues on a previous computer. All system drivers are up to date as well.

Some Google searches have suggested to change the preferred network bang to 2.4 GHz, or set the channel width for the 5 GHz band to 20 MHz only rather than auto. Both of these suggestions solve the problem, but also lowers the speed.

Appreciate any insight anyone may have!

• #2283520 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

Is you 5GHz connection set to something like “choose the best channel” automatically? Is it changing channels on you to get the best connection, but dropping you momentarily in the process. Can you set a fixed/static channel?
        I use InSSIDer to look at the channels an choose the least used.

• #2283522 Reply
          ZSiegel
          AskWoody Plus

It only works when when on the 2.4 GHz channel. Initially it was set to auto select a band, and it would prefer 5 GHz. If it have it set to 5GHz only or auto, the network card crashes. If I have it set to “prefer 2.4 GHz” and I am connected to the 2.4 GHz channel, there are no issues.

• #2288342 Reply
          anonymous

even i am facing the same issue from 3 days. Whenever i play game via steam it gets disconnected, updated all the drivers,but no use..

• #2283615 Reply
        PaulK
        AskWoody Lounger

There are many hits on a search for [ intel(r) wireless-ac 9560 problem ].
        As you found, reducing the speed helps.

One hit found that a BIOS reset (to default settings) worked.

If this is a new computer with warranty, contact Dell.

4 users thanked author for this post.
        • #2283854 Reply
          ZSiegel
          AskWoody Plus

Thanks for the find. Unfortunately, it did not help. I’m trying to find the link that causes this to only happen when plugged in, and never on battery, though I haven’t come across anything yet.

I’ve been in contact with Dell tech support for a couple of days now with no resolution. I think I’m at the point where I’ll be returning the laptop.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by ZSiegel.
          1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2283878 Reply
        Zaphyrus
        AskWoody Lounger

Try this before blaming your network card:

*Try enable disable your network driver

*Re-install the driver

*check your wifi chanel (make sure its in 1, 6 or 11

Just someone who don't want Windows to mess with its computer.
        • #2283889 Reply
          ZSiegel
          AskWoody Plus

Reinstalling the driver downloaded directly from Intel’s site seemed to work. I will test it out and see if the issue is resolved.

Appreciate everyone’s input!

• #2283919 Reply
            Zaphyrus
            AskWoody Lounger

I hope that your issue is solved, don’t be shy to keep posting, At least I am very interested to see your issue solved.

Just someone who don't want Windows to mess with its computer.
    Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz crashing while gaming

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.