News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Internet connection requires restart

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Internet connection requires restart

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 weeks ago.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        WSBetsyFrick
        AskWoody Plus

I use sleep mode on my Windows 10 (20H2) PC. Recently, out of the blue, when I wake it up by pressing the power button, everything comes up EXCEPT the connection to the internet.

After waking the PC from sleep mode, I can get the internet connection back by Restarting.

Let us assume that I want to keep using sleep mode. I know that leaving the computer powered up with the monitor turned off prevents the internet access problem.

How do I set things so that I don’t have to restart after the computer in order to get internet access?

My favorite browser is Firefox, but the same thing happens with Chrome. Apparently, my PC does not have a router; instead there’s an Ethernet cable from the modem to the back of the PC.

Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Internet connection requires restart

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.