News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • IOBit’s Advanced SystemCare

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 IOBit’s Advanced SystemCare

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        Grond
        AskWoody Plus

I’m trying to help my uncle, who lives 600 miles from me, get rid of IOBit’s Advanced SystemCare completely without having to RDP into his Win10 Pro x64 PC. He is on Build 18363.720 and runs MBAM Premium v.4.1.0 as supplemental security. MBAM is throwing off PUP and other warnings daily, which is why he called me a few days ago. I suspect, but need to verify, that he has also “registered” MBAM with Windows.

He is PC literate, to a degree, but can get frustrated at times and I want to help him with this as painlessly as I can, with the assistance of the great hive-mind here at AW.

Any and all help and advice is, as always, greatly appreciated.
        -Grond

Windows 10 Pro x64 v1909 Desktop PC

• #2232884 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

Bleepingcomputer has a removal guide for Advanced SystemCare.

Also, Malwarebytes has instructions to get rid of Advanced SystemCare remnants.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2232885 Reply
        anonymous

I would suggest using Revo Uninstaller to remove the application.  It does a much better job of uninstalling apps than windows.  Revo uses the standard uninstall plus it scans the registry for left over links and deletes everything

• #2233152 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

TeamViewer free will allow you to watch his screen, with an option to take control. Might save some effort.

cheers, Paul

• #2233154 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

I would suggest using Revo Uninstaller to remove the application

Or the free portable Geek Uninstaller

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: IOBit’s Advanced SystemCare

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.