• iOS 16.1.1 – Information on Wifi issues

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Apple » iOS » iOS 16.1.1 – Information on Wifi issues

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago.
    Author
    Topic

This is just information, but perhaps it will help someone.

I upgraded to iOS 16.1.1 on my iPhone 13 Pro Max shortly after it was released.  I have no issues with my wifi at home; I’m running a Linksys switch connected to a DSL modem.

Over the Thanksgiving holiday, I traveled to stay with my mother and sister.  They have a Spectrum cable box that provides their wifi service.  While I was there, I had issues with wifi not staying consistently available.  I had to use the trick where you switch on airplane mode for a moment and then switch it back off to get wifi working several times.  It was fine while I was using it, but their wifi seemed to forget about your device after you hadn’t been using it for a while (less than 1 day) and you had to remind it that you were still there before it would respond.  Could be the way that Spectrum has theirs set up, but they did not have this problem with non-Apple devices.

I did not think to ask them about whether they have this same problem with their own Apple phones (they also have the iPhone 13).  I’ll update this post if I get more information.  I’m back home now, so I am not in a position to do anything about this, but I thought I’d post this information in case it sparks something for someone else that makes their life easier.  Perhaps this will be addressed in a subsequent iOS 16 update.

Group "L": Linux Mint

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Reply To: iOS 16.1.1 – Information on Wifi issues

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: