News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • iOS and iPadOS 13.2.2 Released (Resolves Background App Issue)

Posted on Nathan Parker Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems iOS iOS and iPadOS 13.2.2 Released (Resolves Background App Issue)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nathan Parker 1 day, 16 hours ago.

• Author

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

iOS and iPadOS 13.2.2 has been released. It resolves the background app issue that occurred in 13.2. We’ll update the AKB shortly:

More details: https://www.macworld.com/article/3452741/apple-releases-ios-and-ipados-1322-with-fix-for-background-apps-problem.html

Nathan Parker

4 users thanked author for this post.
    • #2002514 Reply

Mele20
      AskWoody Lounger

I have no idea why but this update fixed my speaker on iPhone 10R! The speaker was weak on iOS 12x and worse on iOS 13x even set a full volume (I could barely hear anything -phone conversation on speaker, music, sound on a video). Now I can play music and put my phone calls on speaker and hear easily.

I hope this update fixes the battery drain which was very noticeable even on a recent iPhone. I turned off optimized battery charge which I have read is part of the problem.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2003570 Reply

AlexEiffel
        AskWoody_MVP

Have you disabled screen time? I have seen this eat battery at night when idle.

I always have background app refresh to off, location services disallowed for most apps and only when active for some that really require it, notifications off for apps that don’t need it, no widgets, no hey siri, no unlock when lifted, basically anything that can make the phone monitor something or do something when it is supposed to be idle. In confidentiality, location services, I disable location based alerts (I don’t use them) and basically everything in the system services except locate my Iphone and SOS.

Now with IOS 13 you can also prevent apps from using bluetooth (some apps use it to track you).

I had absolutely great battery on IOS12 and 13 with those settings. That wasn’t the case with IOS11 where after an update I saw battery drains that wouldn’t go away. Right now, I have absolutely no one complaining about battery.

• #2003034 Reply

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

Glad it resolved that issue!

Nathan Parker

• #2003375 Reply

Tex265
      AskWoody Plus

Last week I bought 2 new iphone 11’s from Apple store and updated to ios 13.2.

Now have them set up including 2 email POP3 accounts on each phone.

Noticed that even though I have the email accounts set to delete Trash after 1 day in Advance setting, neither phone is doing that. They retain all previously trashed emails.

Never a problem with my old iphones.

Anyone else with this problem or ideas?

Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 and Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64
    • #2003746 Reply

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

Anyone else with this problem or ideas?

I don’t have POP accounts, so not sure there. If I hear of anything about it, I’ll let you know.

Nathan Parker

• #2003832 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

The server may be set to ignore delete requests, or you haven’t configured the client to delete the file from the server.

cheers, Paul

• #2004046 Reply

Tex265
        AskWoody Plus

My previous iphones were set to Remove deleted messages “after one day” from the phone and per separate option Never delete from server, and there was never a problem.

Remove from the phone and Delete from the server are two different areas and settings.

Never the less, I tried the change and they still do not remove deleted messages.

Strange as it happens on 2 different new iphones each with 2 different email providers.

Any way to submit a bug report to Apple?

PS: just updated to 13.2.2 with no change.

Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 and Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64
    • #2004550 Reply

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

Any way to submit a bug report to Apple?

Yes, this is what I use frequently:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

There is also a way to submit Bug Reports if you have a Apple Developer Connection account (I believe you can do it even with the free account), but this form is quicker to get something in for end-users.

Nathan Parker

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: iOS and iPadOS 13.2.2 Released (Resolves Background App Issue)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.