News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • iOS/iPadOS 13.5.1, watchOS 6.2.6..

Posted on Alex5723 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems iOS iOS/iPadOS 13.5.1, watchOS 6.2.6..

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

macOS supplemental update and tvOS 13.4.6 released.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2268611 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

iOS/iPadOS 13.5.1

With iOS/iPadOS 13.5.1 updates Apple has plugged the latest iOS Jailbreak :

• #2268848 Reply
        Myst
        AskWoody Plus

Updated iOS for phone and iPad to 13.5.1. from iOS 13.5. Did it OTA. All is well with both. Moving out onto dirt and into the sun with an old camera that works without software updates. ☀️

Win7 SP1 Home x64, MacOS / Chromebook

• #2274076 Reply
          DriftyDonN

I updated to ios 13.5.1 last week and just noticed- My phone will not ring in. Either to voice mail sometimes or nothing at all. Getting a new sim card from boost wed (yuk) (DO NOT get anything from boost the fine print ties you to a contract-and they do not support calling on wifi-I guess it’s on the simcard that they can disable that?Bummer ). Anyone else have issues w/ the “upgrade”

Sounds like a post for msft patch tues doesnt it?

• #2274101 Reply
            Myst
            AskWoody Plus

I have not had any issues with iOS 13.5.1. And my battery is performing beautifully. Having AT&T as our service provider has never been an issue. Not sure how Boost works so can’t give any feedback where it would be anything coming from their end as the culprit. You said your phone doesn’t receive calls or voicemail? All I can suggest is after testing with an incoming call and there are issues, call Boost support or go to the Boost Mobile Community site. https://community.boostmobile.com/

• #2274111 Reply
            Myst
            AskWoody Plus

My phone will not ring in. Either to voice mail sometimes or nothing at all.

Just a thought, if there are no calls coming in or voicemail, do you by chance have your iPhone set to Do Not Disturb?

• #2268892 Reply
        DriftyDonN
        AskWoody Plus

blobs??

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare."

• #2268921 Reply
          Myst
          AskWoody Plus

blobs??

Apple’s digital signature for having the upper hand in what versions users can install with iOS updates.

• #2268932 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

blobs??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHSH_blob

When Apple issues a new iOS version/update Apple stops signing previous version within a week or two, so as to block installing older iOS versions.
        Creating a ‘blob’ file lets users/Jailbreakers restore/re-install previous iOS version. For that you also need the .IPSW file (“iOS image copy”, as I recommended in one of my posts).

2 users thanked author for this post.
        • #2268935 Reply
          Myst
          AskWoody Plus

I was on the right track just didn’t elaborate, sorry. Can count on you Alex thanks. Blobs blobs blobs blobs blobs. Where do they come up with this stuff anyway.

• #2269976 Reply
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

Here’s a link to listing all of the updates:

https://www.macworld.com/article/3546269/apple-releases-important-security-patches-for-all-its-operating-systems.html

Don’t forget to review to our Apple Update List for update guidance.

Nathan Parker

• #2274147 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

I updated to ios 13.5.1 last week and just noticed- My phone will not ring in

Have you checked Ring/Silent position (the switch above the volume buttons) ?

iphn

Attachments:
    Viewing 6 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: iOS/iPadOS 13.5.1, watchOS 6.2.6..

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.