News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • iOS/iPadOS 14.3, WatchOS 7.2 released

Posted on Alex5723 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems iOS iOS/iPadOS 14.3, WatchOS 7.2 released

• This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago.
    Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Apple released iOS 14.3 and iPadOS 14.3 to all users today. The update includes new features such as Apple ProRAW for iPhone 12 Pro users, as well as support for the forthcoming AirPods Max over-ear headphones and support for the Apple Fitness+ service.

WatchOS 7.2 includes support for Apple’s new Fitness+ subscription service, which is accessible via the Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. watchOS 7.2 also includes new cardio fitness notifications.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Where to find custom app icon packs you can use with iOS 14.3 and iPadOS 14.3 for a price.

With the public release of iOS 14.3 today, Apple has made the experience of using custom home screen icons much better. Now custom icons created through the Shortcuts app launch right into your desired app instead of opening the Shortcuts app first…

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Ecosia now a default search engine option on iOS, iPadOS, macOS

Ecosia is a search engine that promotes privacy first and plants trees around the world, and with Mondays updates, it is now available as a default search engine setting on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS.

Ecosia uses their income from search ads to fund planting trees around the world in harsh environments. The search engine doesn’t track users, encrypts searches, and anonymizes data within a week of it being created.

The ad revenue generated from Apple users alone have planted over seven million trees in 2020, and now you can do more by making it the default search engine. The website shows over 115 million trees have been planted as a result of search revenue so far….

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

iOS 14.3 for HomePod and HomePod Mini released.

DriftyDonN
          AskWoody Plus

Greetings!

Is there any new info re: IOS 14.3? I’ve been waiting to hear something good about it-or bad even anything is better than nothing! 😉

D

Nathan Parker
            AskWoody_MVP

iOS 14.3/iPadOS 14.3 and watchOS 7.3 has caused major battery life issues with all of my devices, even my brand new iPad mini.

HomePod Software 14.3 also had a glitch when installing on one of my HomePod minis.

Nathan Parker

Alex5723
              AskWoody Plus

No battery drain on my iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch.
              There are probably some hog apps you are using not compatible with iOS 14.3… although developers had enough test time with dev & beta versions.

You can check battery usage (daily/weekly) by app on your iPhone, iPad.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Alex5723.
              • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Alex5723.
                Nathan Parker
                AskWoody_MVP

Even when I’m not running apps, the battery still drains quicker than usual. I’ll check battery settings and see what’s up.

Nathan Parker

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

iOS 14.4 beta 1, iPadOS 14.4 beta 1, tvOS 14.4 beta 1 and watchOS 7.3 beta 1 released

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

iOS 14.4 beta 1, iPadOS 14.4 beta 1, tvOS 14.4 beta 1 and watchOS 7.3 beta 1 released

iOS 14.4 Beta Changes/Features: New HomePod mini Handoff experience!

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Greetings!

Is there any new info re: IOS 14.3? I’ve been waiting to hear something good about it-or bad even anything is better than nothing! 😉

D

I haven’t seen any problems with iOS/iPadOS 14.3 (all dev/beta versions).

Now on 14.4 dev/beta problem free.

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

iOS/iPadOS 14.4 beta 2 released build number: 18D5043d
        tvOS 14.4 beta 2, build number: 18K5793d
        watchOS 7.2 beta 2, build number: 18S5793d

Viewing 7 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: iOS/iPadOS 14.3, WatchOS 7.2 released

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

?
This website collects data via Google Analytics. Click here to opt in. Click here to opt out.