News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• iOS/iPadOS and WatchOS Updates

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Non-Windows operating systems » iOS » iOS/iPadOS and WatchOS Updates

Tags:

Author
    Topic

Apple released iOS 14.3 and iPadOS 14.3 to all users today. The update includes new features such as Apple ProRAW for iPhone 12 Pro users, as well as support for the forthcoming AirPods Max over-ear headphones and support for the Apple Fitness+ service.

WatchOS 7.2 includes support for Apple’s new Fitness+ subscription service, which is accessible via the Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. watchOS 7.2 also includes new cardio fitness notifications.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 101 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Where to find custom app icon packs you can use with iOS 14.3 and iPadOS 14.3 for a price.

With the public release of iOS 14.3 today, Apple has made the experience of using custom home screen icons much better. Now custom icons created through the Shortcuts app launch right into your desired app instead of opening the Shortcuts app first…

Ecosia now a default search engine option on iOS, iPadOS, macOS

Ecosia is a search engine that promotes privacy first and plants trees around the world, and with Mondays updates, it is now available as a default search engine setting on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS.

Ecosia uses their income from search ads to fund planting trees around the world in harsh environments. The search engine doesn’t track users, encrypts searches, and anonymizes data within a week of it being created.

The ad revenue generated from Apple users alone have planted over seven million trees in 2020, and now you can do more by making it the default search engine. The website shows over 115 million trees have been planted as a result of search revenue so far….

2 users thanked author for this post.

iOS 14.3 for HomePod and HomePod Mini released.

Greetings!

Is there any new info re: IOS 14.3? I’ve been waiting to hear something good about it-or bad even anything is better than nothing! 😉

D

iOS 14.3/iPadOS 14.3 and watchOS 7.3 has caused major battery life issues with all of my devices, even my brand new iPad mini.

HomePod Software 14.3 also had a glitch when installing on one of my HomePod minis.

Nathan Parker

No battery drain on my iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch.
            There are probably some hog apps you are using not compatible with iOS 14.3… although developers had enough test time with dev & beta versions.

You can check battery usage (daily/weekly) by app on your iPhone, iPad.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Alex5723.
            • This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Alex5723.

Even when I’m not running apps, the battery still drains quicker than usual. I’ll check battery settings and see what’s up.

Nathan Parker

iOS 14.4 beta 1, iPadOS 14.4 beta 1, tvOS 14.4 beta 1 and watchOS 7.3 beta 1 released

iOS 14.4 beta 1, iPadOS 14.4 beta 1, tvOS 14.4 beta 1 and watchOS 7.3 beta 1 released

iOS 14.4 Beta Changes/Features: New HomePod mini Handoff experience!

Greetings!

Is there any new info re: IOS 14.3? I’ve been waiting to hear something good about it-or bad even anything is better than nothing! 😉

D

I haven’t seen any problems with iOS/iPadOS 14.3 (all dev/beta versions).

Now on 14.4 dev/beta problem free.

iOS/iPadOS 14.4 beta 2 released build number: 18D5043d
      tvOS 14.4 beta 2, build number: 18K5793d
      watchOS 7.2 beta 2, build number: 18S5793d

iOS 14.4 RC released :

iOS 14.4 includes the following improvements for your iPhone:

Smaller QR codes can be recognized by Camera
      Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications
      Notifications for when the camera on your iPhone is unable to be verified as a new, genuine Apple camera in iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max
      This release also fixes the following issues:

Image artifacts could appear in HDR photos taken with iPhone 12 Pro
      Fitness widget may not display updated Activity data
      Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear in the keyboard
      The keyboard may not come up in the correct language in Messages
      Audio stories from the News app in CarPlay may not resume after being paused for spoken directions or Siri
      Enabling Switch Control in Accessibility may prevent phone calls from being answered from the Lock Screen

watchOS 7.3 RC released.

watchOS 7.3 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:

Unity watch face inspired by the colors of the Pan-African Flag, the shapes change throughout the day as you move creating a face that’s unique to you
      Time to Walk for Apple Fitness+ subscribers ”an audio experience in the Workout app where guests share inspiring stories as you walk
      ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, and Thailand
      Irregular heart rhythm notifications in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, Taiwan, and Thailand
      Fix for an issue where Control Center and Notification Center may be unresponsive when Zoom is enabled

https://support.apple.com/HT201222

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Alex5723.
      2 users thanked author for this post.

iOS/iPadOS 14.4, WatchOS 7.3 to be released later today.

WatchOS 7.3

Apple Released 14.4 HomePod / HomePod Mini & tvOS is 14.4

Software version 14.4 includes bug fixes and the following new features with an Ultra Wideband (U1) equipped iPhone.
        – Hand off music with visual, audible, and haptic effects from ‌iPhone‌ to ‌HomePod mini‌
        – Get personalized listening suggestions on ‌iPhone‌ when it is next to ‌HomePod mini‌
        – Media controls automatically appear without having to unlock ‌iPhone‌ when it is close to ‌HomePod mini‌

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201222

so what is it alex 14.3 or 14.4?
      edit: Thread title fixed /facepalm

| Quality over Quantity |
      • This reply was modified 9 months ago by Microfix.

iOS/iPadOS and WatchOS Updates

iOS, iPadOS, TvOS, WatchOS and HomePod updates.

Will update the Update list this weekend.

Nathan Parker

I’ll likely update before then, it’s just when I’ll submit the list of changes for the knowledgeable article on here. I have to unfortunately at least wait until tomorrow since I’m teaching a webinar tomorrow using my iPhone screen, and I can’t take any chances on updates until after the webinar.

Nathan Parker

iOS 14.5 developer beta 1, build number: 18E5140j
      iPadOS 14.5 developer beta 1, build number: 18E5140j
      watchOS 7.4 developer beta 1, build number: 18T5144k
      tvOS 14.5 developer beta 1, build number: 18L5149j

What’s new in iOS 14.5 beta 1?

With iOS 14.5 and WatchOS 7.4 users can unlock the iPhone with the Apple Watch when the iPhone detects owner is wearing a mask.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Alex5723.

Apple Releases watchOS 7.3.1 With Fix for Apple Watch Series 5 and SE Charging Issue

According to Apple’s release notes, the watchOS 7.3.1 update introduces a fix for an issue that prevented some Apple Watch Series 5 and SE models from charging after entering Power Reserve mode.

iOS 14.5 beta 2, watchOS 7.4 beta 2 released to devs.

iOS 14.5 beta 2, watchOS 7.4 beta 2 released to devs.

https://www.macrumors.com/guide/everything-new-in-ios-14-5-beta/

iOS/iPadOS 14.5 public beta 2 released

users can unlock the iPhone with the Apple Watch when the iPhone detects owner is wearing a mask.

While my Apple Watch can unlock my iPhone the revers is also true. My iPhone can unlock my Apple Watch.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Alex5723.

Apple WatchOS 7.4 beta 2 released

iOS/iPadOS 14.5 public Beta 3 released.
      Build Number ― 18E5164h
      iOS 14.5 Beta 3 Release Notes

iOSiPadOS 14.4.1 released

Available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Air 2 and later, iPad mini 4 and later, and iPod touch (7th generation)
      Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution
      Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved validation.
      CVE-2021-1844: Clément Lecigne of Google’s Threat Analysis Group, Alison Huffman of Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research

IPSW downloads

watchOS 7.3.2 released

Available for: Apple Watch Series 3 and later

Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution

Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved validation.

CVE-2021-1844: Clément Lecigne of Google’s Threat Analysis Group, Alison Huffman of Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Alex5723.

iOS 14.5 beta 4 released.

New “Items” tab in the Find My app for tracking AirTags and other third-party accessories
      iOS 14.5 code suggests support for Apple Card Family Sharing, but it’s unclear if this feature will make the cut for the final release
      Horizontal boot screen on the iPad
      Updates to the Music app, including swipe gestures, a lyrics sharing feature, and more
      AirPlay 2 support for Fitness+ workouts
      Waze-like features in Apple Maps
      PS5 / Xbox Series X controller support

tvOS 14.5 beta 4 – 18L5186a
      watchOS 7.4 beta 4 – 18T5183b
      HomePod 14.5 beta 4 – 18L5186a
      iPadOS 14.5 beta 4 – 18E5178a
      macOS Big Sur 11.3 beta 4 – 20E5210c

Apple releases iOS 14.5 beta 4 to developers and public beta users

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Alex5723.

Apple stops signing iOS 14.4. Downgrades from iOS 14.4.1 are blocked.

Apple released :
      tvOS 14.5 beta 5,
      HomePod 14.5 beta 5, 
      watchOS 7.4 beta 5, 
      iOS 14.5 beta 5,
      iPadOS beta 5

Apple released iOS/iPadOS 14.4.2 and iOS 12.5.2 and watchOS 7.3.3 to fix critical security vulnerability

https://support.apple.com/en-il/HT201222

“Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to universal cross site scripting. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.”

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by Alex5723.

Because this is a minor update and fixes a security problem, I just installed it on a 6S.  I didn’t time it, but it didn’t take long…maybe 20 minutes or less.  Everything appears to be working normally.

iOS 14.5 beta 6 released to developers.

New : battery recalibration tool.

iOS 14.5, coming later this spring, includes an update where the battery health reporting system will recalibrate maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max to address inaccurate estimates of battery health reporting for some users. Symptoms of this bug include unexpected battery drain behavior or, in a small number of instances, reduced peak performance capability. This inaccurate battery health reporting does not reflect an issue with actual battery health.

watchOS 7.4 beta 6 released to Devs.

tvOS 14.5 beta 6 and HomePod 14.5 beta 6 released to Devs.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by Alex5723.

Apple today has stopped signing iOS 14.4.1, which means that users who have updated their device to iOS 14.4.2 can no longer downgrade.

iOS, iPadOS, HomePod..14.5 b7. watchOS 7.4b7 released to developers.

iOS/iPadOS 14.5 Beta 8 released

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Alex5723.

iOS/iPadOS 14.5 RC released.
      WatchOS 7.4 RC

iOS/iPadOS 14.6b1 released (18F5046f)
      watchOS 7.5 beta 1
      tvOS 14.6 beta 1 for the Apple TV and HomePod.

Public beta released.

If you are running iOS/iPadOS beta versions you get a new option ‘also available’, when checking for updates. You can stay on iOS 14.5 and receive updates or choose 14.6.

Firmware updates for AirPods Pro and AirPods 2 (3E751) released.

1.Connect AirPods Pro to your iOS device.

2. Open the Settings app on your iOS device.

3. Go to General > About > AirPods Pro

4. Firmware Version should be listed there.

Alex, is this the updated firmware for both AirPods Pro and AirPods 2?  Step 3 above only shows AirPods Pro. When I go to Settings per your post, it shows my AirPods 2 but with a different Firmware. 3A283. When there is a firmware update, is the installation automatic when your AirPods are connected?  Thanks.

See #2361314  and the added links in AKB2000014.

PK Cano….I didn’t see the instructions to upgrade on the links you posted, but I did find this on GottaBeMobile and it works.  I was able to update to 3E751 in less than a minute.  You need to have the charging case open.  This isn’t clear in the instructions….

“If you want to proceed with the upgrade process, here’s what you need to do.

1. Put your AirPods, AirPods 2, or AirPods Pro inside their case.
            2. Make sure the case is connected to a power source. You can use the Lightning to USB cable or you can use wireless charging if you’ve got AirPods Pro and a compatible charger.
            3. Grab your iPhone or iPad and make sure it has an internet connection.
            4. Make sure your AirPods are paired with your iPhone or iPad and then bring the device close to the charging case.

Now you just need to wait a bit. If a new update is available, it should automatically download and install.”

When there is a firmware update, is the installation automatic when your AirPods are connected?

When the AirPods are charging and connected to the iPhone and wi-fi the AirPods will update the Firmware automatically.

Released :
      TvOS 14.6 beta 2,
      HomePod 14.6 beta 2,
      iOS 14.6 beta 2,
      iPadOS 14.6 beta 2

New updates released;

iOS/iPadOS 14.5.1 – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212336
      iOS 12.5.3, – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212341
      watchOS 7.4.1 – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212339

iOS/iPadOS 14.6 beta 3
      WatchOS 7.5 beta3

Apple no longer signs iOSiPadOS 14.5. No downgrading from 14.5.1

Apple released iOS/iPadOS 14.6 RC
      watchOS 7.5 RC
      TvOS 14.6RC
      HomePod 14.6 RC

iOS/iPadOS 14.7 beta 1 released to devs.

iOS 14.7 beta 1 Changes and Features

iOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6 RC 2 released.

iOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6 final released.
      Download .ipsw here

What’s new

Apple stops signing iOS 14.5.1. No downgrade from 14.6

Released :

iOS 4.7b2
      iPadOS 4.7b2
      TvOS 4.7b2
      watchOS 7.6b2

iPhone users reporting ‘SIM Failure’ error after updating to iOS 14.7 beta 2

..Based on a few reports on Twitter and also others shared directly with 9to5Mac, there seems to be a widespread bug in the second beta release of iOS 14.7 that results in a “SIM Failure” message right after installing the update.

In addition to the error message, users are unable to make or receive calls or use cellular data on their iPhone after the update. At least based on the reports we have received, the bug seems to mainly affect iPhone users with eSIM instead of regular SIM.

It’s unknown what is causing the bug, but unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a workaround for this issue. If you’re running the first beta release of iOS 14.7 on your main iPhone, we recommend that you skip the second beta release until Apple releases another update.

If you have already downloaded iOS 14.7 beta 2 but have not yet installed the update, here’s a walkthrough on how to cancel the update:

Open the Settings app
        Go to General
        Tap iPhone Storage
        Look for iOS 14.7 beta 2 in the list and tap on it
        Choose Delete Update…

Everything Apple announced in its WWDC 2021 keynote

iOS / iPadOS 15.
      macOS 12 Monterey.
      WathcOS 8.
      iCloud+

iOS & iPadOS users will be able to stay on iOS 14 and continue to receive security updates.
      All devices currently supported by iOS 14 will receive iOS 15 (that include iPhone 6/6s..)

Apple is replacing Google Authenticator with build-in Authenticator in iOS 15.

Apple Mail will block tracking pixels and indication if messages were opened. Mail and Safari will hide users IP address to avoid tracking….(eliminating the need for VPN)

iOS 15 includes list of data collected by apps.

Apple Temporarily
      Expands iCloud Storage in iOS 15 for Backing Up Data and Transferring to a New Device

If you’re low on iCloud storage but want to buy a new device and transfer your data, Apple is making the process easier in iOS 15 with a temporary storage boost.

“Now when you buy a new device you can use iCloud Backup to move your data to your new device, even if you’re low on storage. iCloud will grant you as much storage as you need to complete a temporary backup, free of charge, for up to three weeks. This allows you to get all your apps, data, and settings onto your device automatically.”…

List of iOS 15 Features That Won’t be Available on Older iPhones

While the iPhone 8 series and the iPhone X feature a Neural Engine, it’s possibly not powerful enough to run some of the new iOS 15 features. Many of the new iOS 15 features require an A12 Bionic chip or newer to work. …

Despite the iPhone 6s not getting some of the new iOS 15 features, it is undeniably impressive that Apple will be bringing its latest iOS release to an iPhone that it launched over six years ago. iPhone 8 and iPhone X owners might be disappointed though, that their device is also not getting the above iOS 15 features despite packing a noticeably more powerful A-series chip than the iPhone 6s.

Support for NTFS File System on iPadOS

Apple has finally added support for the NTFS file system on iPadOS 15. Up until now, iPad’s Files app could only read external hard drives formatted in exFAT or FAT32, and of course Apple’s own APFS. With the new update, Apple has added the functionality to support the NTFS file system as well.

Though just like Mac and macOS, iPadOS 15 only supports reading NTFS hard drives…

iOS15 lets you drag and drop images, text, files,.. across apps.

iOS 15 Live Text – Pull Text from Any Photo

..Live Text feature has been built right into the Photos app, so you can interact with any photo in your library and perform Live Text functions on it. Live Text is also built right into other iOS apps and functions. This includes screenshot, quick look, Safari and the Camera app.

The Camera app integration is really cool, as it allows you to point to any text and quickly copy, translate or look up. You can point your iPhone’s Camera on a sign board, lecture board or a piece of paper with text on it. When iPhone recognizes the text it lets you select, copy and look up that text. Once you have copied the text you can paste it in any app of your choice…

iOS 15 Live Text

iOS/iPadOS 14.7, watchOS 7.6, and tvOS 14.7 beta 3 released.

iOS 12.5.4 for older iPhones with ‘important security updates

iOS 15 exclusive features by device

iOS 15 exclusive features to the iPhone XS or newer

iPhone 12 exclusive features in iOS 15

iOS 15 features, there are some that require an iPhone 7 or iPhone 8

OS/iPadOS 14.7, watchOS 7.6, and tvOS 14.7 beta 3

Public beta 3 released

iOS 15 : “Notify When Left Behind”

The feature is called “Notify When Left Behind” and it’s part of the Find My separation alerts that Apple announced during WWDC21. Whenever you leave an AirTag or device behind the Find My app will alert you, hence the name. In our testing it works well, and you can configure a Trust Location like your home or office where the alerts are automatically disabled…

I was waiting for this feature for years. Had this on my Kickstarter Pebble smartwatch.

AirTag : Firmware version 1.0.276 build number 1A287b released.

There is no way to force an AirTag update, because it’s something that’s done over-the-air through a connected iPhone. To make sure the update happens, you can put your AirTag in range of your ‌iPhone‌, but you have to wait for the firmware to roll out to your device.

You can check your current AirTag firmware version through the Find My app.

iOS 15 beta 2, iPadOS 15 beta 2, WatchOS 8 beta 2 released.

Beta 4 for devs released for :

iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7
      watchOS 7.6
      tvOS 14.7

Beta 4 for devs released for :

iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7
      watchOS 7.6
      tvOS 14.7

Public beta released

iOS/iPadOS 15 beta 2 , watchOS 8, and tvOS 15 public betas released.

Released:
      iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 beta 5
      watchOS 7.6 beta 5
      tvOS 14.7 beta 5

HomePod Software 15 beta 3 for the HomePod mini and HomePod released.

Brings Lossless audio support
      Fixed bricking bug

iOS 14.7 RC released

MagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
      Apple Card Family adds the option to combine credit limits and share one co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user
      Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod
      Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain
      Podcasts library allows you to choose to see all shows or only followed shows
      Share playlist menu option missing in Apple Music
      Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may unexpectedly stop
      Battery service message that may have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 models is restored
      Braille displays could show invalid information while composing Mail messages

iPadOS 14.7 RC, watchOS 7.6 RC released.

Released :

iOS 15 beta 3
      iPadOS 15 beta 3,
      watchOS 8 beta 3

Released :

iOS 15 beta 3
      iPadOS 15 beta 3,
      watchOS 8 beta 3

Public beta released :

iOS 15, iPadOS 15, tvOS 15, and watchOS 8

Apple Rleased :

iOS 14.7, iPadOS 14.7
      watchOS 7.6

Apple stops signing iOS 14.6.
      Downgrades from iOS 14.7 and iOS 14.7.1 are not possible.

Apple released : iOS 15 beta 4, iPadOS 15 beta 4, Wathc0S 8 beta 4, tvOS 15 beta 4

Apple released watchOS 7.6.1 update bug fixes, security updates.

Apple stops signing iOS 14.7. Downgrades from 14.7.1 blocked.

iOS 15, iPadOS 15, WatchOS 8, tvOS 15 Public beta 5 released

HomePod 15 beta 5.
        Added Dolby Atmos and Lossless support to HomePod and HomePod mini.

iOS 15, iPadOS 15, WatchOS 8 Public beta 6 released

iOS/iPadOS 15 beta 7,
      WatchOS 8 beta 7
      tvOS 15 beta 7

Released to devs.

AirTag firmware is version 1.0.291

To check the firmware version of your AirTag, open the Find My application on your iPhone, then choose the Items tab in the bottom navigation bar. Then, choose your AirTag from the list of items and tap on the name of your AirTag. Doing this should reveal the serial number and firmware version of your AirTag.

There is also no way to force it to update. Instead, just make sure your AirTag is in range of your iPhone, and it should automatically update…

iOS/iPadOS 15 beta 7,
      WatchOS 8 beta 7
      tvOS 15 beta 7

Released to devs.

Public beta released (WatchOS 8 beta 6).

Apple is rolling out an updated version of AirTag firmware 1.0.291 with the build number 1A291c.

iOS/iPadOS 15 beta 8
      WathcOS 8 beta 8
      TVOS 15 beta 8

Released to devs.

iOS & iPadOS 15 Beta 8 Release Notes

iOS/iPadOS 15 beta 8
      WathcOS 8 beta 8
      TVOS 15 beta 8

Released to devs.

iOS & iPadOS 15 Beta 8 Release Notes

public betas released

AirTags firmware build number 1A291e released.
      TvOS 15 beta 9 released to devs.

iOS 14.8,
      iPadOS 14.8
      watchOS 7.6.2

“address CoreGraphics and WebKit vulnerabilities attack that defeated Apple’s Blastdoor protections that may have been actively exploited.”

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212807

Looks like the last update for the iOS 12.x.x series is 12.5.4 released on June 14th 2021. Yeah! no more updating the ‘trouble and strife’s’ iphone, although santa may get a letter this year. Never seen any statement regarding iOS 12.x.x being out of support..

nope 😐 12.5.5 arrived later…

| Quality over Quantity |

iOS 15, iPadOS 15 WatchOS 8 RC versions released to devs and beta users.
      Final versions will be released on Monday Sep.20.

Final releases :

iOS 15
      iPadOS 15
      TvOS 15
      HomePod 15
      watchOS 8

Released :

iOS 15.1 beta 1
      iPadOS 15.1 beta 1
      watchOS 8.1 beta 1
      HomePod 15.1 beta 1

Security update iOS 12.5.5.

Available for: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPod touch (6th generation)

Impact: Processing a maliciously crafted PDF may lead to arbitrary code execution. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.

Description: An integer overflow was addressed with improved input validation.

CVE-2021-30860: The Citizen Lab….

This update fixes CVE-2021-30858 and CVE-2021-30860, which were previously patched in iOS 14.8, watchOS 7.6.2, macOS Big Sur 11.6, Security Update 2021-005 Catalina, and Safari 14.1.2, almost two weeks ago. This confirms that iOS 12 is still in support, at least for now.

For those who want to delay the iOS 15 upgrade, you are still fine on iOS 14. Apple says that you will still get “important security updates for a period of time” on iOS 14 (https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204204).

3 users thanked author for this post.

So glad I haven’t upgraded to IOS15!!! More info on subreddit r/ios15.

Horror stories abound!

Released to devs :

iOS/iPadOS 15.1 beta 2
      WathcOS 8.1 beta 2
      tvOS 15.1 beta 2

Fixed “Unlock with Apple Watch” when wearing a mask on iPhone 13 devices.

Released to devs :

iOS/iPadOS 15.1 beta 2
      WathcOS 8.1 beta 2
      tvOS 15.1 beta 2

Fixed “Unlock with Apple Watch” when wearing a mask on iPhone 13 devices.

Public betas released

Released iOS 15.0.1 and iPadOS 15.0.1.

Fixed :

“Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch may not work on iPhone 13 models
      Settings app may incorrectly display an alert that storage is full
      Audio meditations could unexpectedly start a workout on Apple Watch for some Fitness+ subscribers”

Apple releases new firmware version for AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and Beats products

Here are the latest firmware versions:

AirPods Pro – 4A400
      AirPods Max – 4A400
      AirPods (second-generation) – 4A400
      Beats Solo Pro – 4A394
      Powerbeats 4 – 4A394
      Powerbeats Pro – 4A394…

Released to Devs :

watchOS 8.1 beta 3,
      tvOS 15.1 beta 3,
      iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1 beta 3

iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1 beta 3

Released to public

Apple stops signing iOS 15. Those upgraded to 15.0.1 or 15.1 beta won’t be able to downgrade to 15.0

Released :

iOS / iPadOS 15.0.2

“The build number of today’s release of iOS 15.0.2 is 19A404. Here are the release notes:

Photos saved to your library from Messages could be deleted after removing the associated thread or message

iPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe may not connect to Find My

AirTag might not appear in the Find My Items tab

watchOS 8.0.1 (specific bug fixes for Apple Watch Series 3)

“This update includes improvements and bug fixes for your Apple Watch.

– Software update progress may not be displayed accurately for some Apple Watch Series 3 users
      – Accessibility settings may not have been available for some Apple Watch Series 3 users”

CarPlay may fail to open audio apps or disconnect during playback

Device restore or update may fail when using Finder or iTunes for iPhone 13 models”

https://9to5mac.com/2021/10/11/ios-15-0-2-release-bug-fixes-features/

https://9to5mac.com/2021/10/11/apple-releases-watchos-8-0-1-with-bug-fixes-for-apple-watch-series-3/

Apple Releases Urgent iPhone and iPad Updates to Patch New Zero-Day Vulnerability

Apple on Monday released a security update for iOS and iPad to address a critical vulnerability that it says is being exploited in the wild, making it the 17th zero-day flaw the company has addressed in its products since the start of the year.’

The weakness, assigned the identifier CVE-2021-30883, concerns a memory corruption issue in the “IOMobileFrameBuffer” component that could allow an application to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges. Crediting an anonymous researcher for reporting the vulnerability, Apple said it’s “aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.”…

Security researcher Saar Amar shared additional details, and a proof-of-concept (PoC) exploit, noting that “this attack surface is highly interesting because it’s accessible from the app sandbox (so it’s great for jailbreaks) and many other processes, making it a good candidate for LPEs exploits in chains.”..

Public beta released :
      iOS/iPadOS beta 4,
      watchOS 8.1 beta 4,
      tvOS 15.1 beta 4

Released :
      Apple Watch 8.1 RC
      iOS 15.1 RC

Apple stops signing iOS 15.0.1, blocking downgrades from iOS 15.0.2 and iOS 15.1

I have seen many complaints about IOS 15, primarily on Reddit, so have not upgraded yet. Any idea when apple will work out the bugs in this build? I have a Iphone 11 on last iteration of IOS 14…

I have seen many complaints about IOS 15, primarily on Reddit, so have not upgraded yet. Any idea when apple will work out the bugs in this build? I have a Iphone 11 on last iteration of IOS 14…

I am running all iOS 15 betas, now on 15.1 RC.
      Not a single problem on iPhone and iPad.
      Final will be released next week probably on Oct. 25.

iOS 15.1, iPadOS 15.1 will be released tomorrow at ~10 a.m. PST/1 p.m. EST.

Release time your time zone :

Released :
      HomePod 15.1 with for Lossless and Dolby Atmos
      watchOS 8.1
      tvOS 15.1
      iOS / iPadOS 15.1

Viewing 101 reply threads
    Reply To: iOS/iPadOS and WatchOS Updates

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.