News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • iPhone badge app always wrong

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems iOS iPhone badge app always wrong

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nathan Parker 1 month ago.

• Author

anonymous

I have 2 Outlook accounts on my phone: my personal email, Outlook premium and my work account Office 365.  The unread badge count is always wrong – sometimes the number is incorrect (showing the wrong total of the two accounts) or sometimes it is just a random number, where no unread emails exist and a number is showing.

Important note: when I open the app, the number corrects itself.

Any ideas?

• #2039607 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Are you allowing the app to do background refresh?

• #2040201 Reply

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

Is this in the iOS Mail app or the Outlook for iOS app? I’ve seen this issue occur in the Outlook for iOS app, but not the iOS Mail app.

Nathan Parker

• #2043394 Reply

anonymous

It’s the Outlook for IOS app. Any ideas on a fix?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #2086984 Reply

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

It’s the Outlook for IOS app. Any ideas on a fix?

I have the issue on Outlook for iOS on both of my Apple devices (an iPhone and iPad). The only option I’ve found so far would be to report it to Microsoft either using Contact Support in the app or using the Feedback feature in the app. Reinstalling the app doesn’t resolve the issue. I believe it’s a bug with the app Microsoft needs to address.

Nathan Parker

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: iPhone badge app always wrong

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.