News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Is 4575903 really necessary?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Win7 beyond End-of-life Is 4575903 really necessary?

Topic Resolution: Resolved
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        jaman57
        AskWoody Plus

Hi. I’m asking because a few months ago there was another ESU prep package that they said needed to be installed to keep getting the ESU updates, but I never installed it and have been getting the updates fine. So is this one really necessary? I am leery about anything that touches the ESU license, as I needed help getting it running in the first place. Thanks!

PKCano
        Manager

KB4575903 is not necessary for the August updates.
        When it comes time for the Sept patches, you can try to install them without it.
        But it may be necessary for those updates.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        abbodi86
        AskWoody_MVP

Any of the three ESU prep packages will work

and they made sure to include their contents in the ESU updates themselves
        so the users won’t miss anything if they don’t install KB4575903

2 users thanked author for this post.
        jaman57
        AskWoody Plus

Just FYI, I never installed 4575903 and just got offered the September updates.

EP
          AskWoody_MVP

so far, even with the early 2021 updates for Win7, the KB4575903 update is not really required if the older KB4538483 update is already installed.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Is 4575903 really necessary?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.