News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Is it always OK to skip Office optional patches?

Posted on OscarCP Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 2010 and earlier for PC Is it always OK to skip Office optional patches?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  woody 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

I recently asked about the need to install the optional patches related to the change of the Japanese calendar year, and Woody answered that if I did not need to work with those dates might just as well ignore the patches. On that basis, in my own interpretation, a more general answer would be “it is OK to ignore Optional patches and then keep patching only to take care of something important that really needs fixing.” Is that right?

In my case, I am mindful that Office 10 still has well over one year left of support, until October 23 of 2020. So I would like to understand this issue better and will be thankful for some good explanations that could also be helpful to others here.

woody
      Da Boss

Yes, that’s right.

1 user thanked author for this post.

The topic ‘Is it always OK to skip Office optional patches?’ is closed to new replies.