News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Is locking the taskbar available yet?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Is locking the taskbar available yet?

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

I have tremor and at least twice a day I accidentally rearrange the taskbar. When I first got Win10, I was told the ability to lock the taskbar was no longer included, and I haven’t seen an option in the settings that addresses this. Any suggestions, anyone? I’m still on version 1909 because anything newer hasn’t been offered.

b
        AskWoody MVP

It’s still there. Either right-click on the taskbar and select Lock all taskbars, or got to Settings, Personalization, Taskbar, Lock the task bar.

This stops the taskbar from being accidentally moved or resized, but it doesn’t stop icons being moved within the taskbar.

krism
        AskWoody Plus

yes, right click on taskbar and click on lock.

- ThinkPad T530-2394-3J8, i5-3380M 2.9GHz, UEFI/GPT: (Win10 20H2 Pro x64), 8GB(15GB/s), Sammy 500GB SSD. -

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by krism. Reason: clarification
        Attachments:
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

I’m still on version 1909 because anything newer hasn’t been offered.

Can you start a new thread / tack onto an existing for this question?
        We need to know if you have Conexant audio drivers installed. The easiest way is to open a Command Prompt and type DRIVERQUERY. Then right click the bar at the top and select Edit > Select All, Edit > Copy. Paste the result into your post.

cheers, Paul

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Is locking the taskbar available yet?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.