News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • is my NAS really out of space

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Paul T 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

fpefpe
      AskWoody Lounger

Hello — I have a small personal NAS — the Seagate “PersonalCloud”  5TB model

Not sure how this started, but now I am having an issue copying files to it via  windows copy copy command (command prompt)  and/or robocopy  — copy seems to going along when one of the copies fails  with the error text “no space on device”  which make no sense since at the time there were over 4tb on it.  Seagate support  had me do a  “soft” reset, and a “format” of that device, but in each case  the error message still is generated.  Now they want to replace the device —

Is  this anyway a common problem or a issue this just my device

In addition it seems thase seagate closed down there forums so there is not an easy way to connect to users with the same hardware

fpefpe

• #1958720 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

Not being able to copy after a format implies something is not well.

If Seagate reckon it’s broken I’d take the replacement.

cheers, Paul

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: is my NAS really out of space

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.