News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Is Octobers Explorer patch needed

Posted on amber438 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Windows 7 patches Is Octobers Explorer patch needed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  amber438 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

amber438
      AskWoody Plus

Hi all

Just getting around to install october patches and was wondering, since I use chrome, is the explorer patch necessary?

I downloaded 4519976 as it was not showing I needed it which is weird too and was wondering if I’m missing anything for it

Any input would be great

Thanks

• #2009677 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Just getting around to install october patches and was wondering, since I use chrome, is the explorer patch necessary?

The October update for Internet Exporer is included in the October Monthly Rollup KB4519976. You do not need a separate update.

I downloaded 4519976 as it was not showing I needed it which is weird too and was wondering if I’m missing anything for it

If you have already installed the November Monthly Rollup KB4525235, you will not need the October Rollup KB4519976

You will need the Servicing Stack update. It will not show up in WIndows Update until/unless you have installed or hidden all other updates (checked or unchecked) in the Important update list. So after you have finished updating, then hidden anything you do not want to install, you will need to go back and check for updates to get the Servicing Stack.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #2010915 Reply

amber438
      AskWoody Plus

Thanks.  All done and now all hidden updates are gone.lol..that’s good I guess.  Anyway only update showing now atm is 4523206 the ssu for nov and I’ll wait till Woody gives the all clear

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Is Octobers Explorer patch needed

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.