News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Is Windows pushing you to upgrade to version 1903? Don’t be bullied.

Home Forums AskWoody blog Is Windows pushing you to upgrade to version 1903? Don’t be bullied.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rc primak 10 hours, 27 minutes ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

I’m getting a lot of questions from people with Win10 version 1803 who wonder if they’re doomed to upgrade to Win10 1903 in the next few weeks. Micros
      [See the full post at: Is Windows pushing you to upgrade to version 1903? Don’t be bullied.]

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1906917 Reply

anonymous

I jumped from 1803 to 1809 about a month ago to avoid this very headache. The only problem I’ve had with 1809 so far, is that it will sometimes for no reason freeze up and nothing works. The keyboard freezes, the mouse freezes, can’t do anything except control + alt + delete and restart. other than that small bug, 1809 has been working just fine and if it’s not too late, I would recommend 1809 over 1903 any day.

• #1906944 Reply

Susan Bradley
      AskWoody MVP

If a person is on 1803 and running Home version, I’d like to know WHY they haven’t received 1809 before this.  That’s my concern.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1907146 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

My 1803 Home with metered=on didn’t upgrade to 1809, but I now get the 1903 notification – not going there yet.

cheers, Paul

• #1912131 Reply

rc primak
      AskWoody_MVP

I’m on 1809 now. I won’t need a Notification in Sept.-Oct. I’ll just get on board with 1903 before it gets swapped out at the official download site for 1909 or whatever that one is going to be called.

-- rc primak

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Is Windows pushing you to upgrade to version 1903? Don’t be bullied.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.