• It’s nearly 2022

Home » Forums » Newsletter and Homepage topics » It’s nearly 2022

Author
    Topic

At least for me in my time zone, I have a few hours left. For those of you downunder you are already there. 2021 has had it’s moments. I’m proud of th
    [See the full post at: It’s nearly 2022]

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Make it a profitable 2022!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Continuing with the New Year musical theme that Susan has started with the rendition by Yo-Yo Ma of “Auld Lang Syne” on his cello:

Tomorrow the Vienna Philharmonic with the Vienna State Ballet will present their traditional grand New Year Concert with music by Strauß father and son and by other composers of famous Viennese walzes, polkas, etc. I have placed some information on when to watch and the URLs of places from where to stream this great spectacle tomorrow here #2409670  in Part II of the thread “Aren’t these the greatest performances of classical music?” If you are interested in this sort of thing, then enjoy it. I expect I will.

And Happy New Year!

Ex Windows user (Win. 98, XP, 7) since mid-2020. Now: running macOS Big Sur 11.6 & sometimes, Linux (Mint)

MacBook Pro circa mid-2015, 15" display, with 16GB 1600 GHz DDR3 RAM, 1 TB SSD, a Haswell architecture Intel CPU with 4 Cores and 8 Threads model i7-4870HQ @ 2.50GHz.
      Intel Iris Pro GPU with Built-in Bus, VRAM 1.5 GB, Display 2880 x 1800 Retina, 24-Bit color.
      macOS Monterey; browsers: Waterfox "Current", Vivaldi and (now and then) Chrome; security apps. Intego AV and Malwarebytes for Macs.

I’ve got both shortwave and AM radios running and skipping between time zones. Interesting to hear the commentaries from various broadcasters around the world. Even more interesting is the mil-com frequencies, which are quite active on the J4 satellite over the Pacific. Can’t imagine why the DoD is so busy on new years eve.

"War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. And I say let us give them all they want" ----- William T. Sherman

Viewing 2 reply threads
    Reply To: It’s nearly 2022

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.