News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • iTunes 12.10.8.5

Posted on Alex5723 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Tools iTunes 12.10.8.5

Tagged: 

• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago.
    Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus
      • #2284738 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss

@alex5723 Please, tell us about this favorite utility you wish to recommend to us, as per the forum description:

Tools
        Have a favorite utility? A program (or app) that you can’t live without? Tell us about it.

🙂

Personally, I’m among those that can’t stay far enough away from iTunes, and haven’t had it on any machine on the premises for over a decade.

• #2285303 Reply
          Alex5723
          AskWoody Plus

iTunes for me is an app ‘I can’t live without’ 🙂

Sync my iPhone, iPad.
          Backup to iCloud and local computer
          Listen to Internet radio while working
          Copy music, video to iPhone…

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Alex5723.
          1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2285337 Reply
        Rick Corbett
        AskWoody_MVP

iTunes works flawlessly on my MacBook but IMO it’s just a necessary carbuncle on Windows… very prone to failure and – if you look on the internet – the reason for so many support queries dealing with its deficiencies.

If I could find a decent, reliable alternative then I would. However, after trying several alternatives I’ve had to admit defeat and return to iTunes (on Windows – still my mainstay) and all its issues.

It’s one of the reasons I’ve delayed moving my last remaining Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10. I just don’t relish moving my current iTunes library, backed up apps and iOS backups to a newer platform. I’ve had to fix so many other people’s iTunes issues that I have been delaying the inevitable angst.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #2285366 Reply
          Alex5723
          AskWoody Plus

very prone to failure

In all the years with iTunes on Windows (may many years) I has only one problem after a new version of iTunes stopped supporting ‘older video card’ on my aging Windows 7 so I couldn’t connect my iPhone 7/8 to iTunes.
          Switching to Windows 10 solved my problem.

I saw a couple of days ago that Apple had issued a new iTunes (12.4.3) for older-video-cards.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Alex5723.
          • #2294396 Reply
            cocobeans81
            AskWoody Lounger

hey i just downloaded this new version 12.10.8.5 here that were talking about.  all my mpeg audio files which seem to be in this mp3 folder when i searched for the file in my computer seem to be unable to locate in my itunes.  so i click on it and its not there, it didnt play and it didnt sync to my new iphone 11.  i searched file information and it says they are all jpeg and they are stored in the mp3 folder or something of that nature.  this is basically 75% of my itunes collection that didnt sync to my new phone.  maybe has something to do with the fact that almost all of my music is youtube videos that i converted into mp3, added to my itunes and synced to my phone? 

this is a big problem for me.  do you know what this about?  or how i get these songs back so i can sync them to my new phone.  im guessing that itunes doesnt support this file type anymore? 

i was hoping you could add some insight into this or someone could help me with this.  im not computer savvy i would greatly appreciate the help.  anybody know?  thank you

• #2295324 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

almost all of my music is youtube videos that i converted into mp3

The MP3 files should still exist, assuming you did save them as MP3.

Do you have a backup you can view to see if the files have the same names?

cheers, Paul

• #2295480 Reply
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

Nowadays I use 64-bit QuickTime for replaying the music and video (mp3, mp4) files I have saved in my Mac — and listen to favorite radio stations by streaming their programs from their Web sites. There are other things I was potentially able to do with iTunes but can’t with QuickTime: I miss having well-ordered libraries, but nothing really important enough for me to need iTunes to do it. I still have Windows 7 in my old PC and iTunes in it, but I no longer connect to the Internet with it, so no longer download or stream music or video to this PC and I also have copied all the mpeg files I had there to the Mac. As to where is best to store those mpeg files: in my Mac, or in an external drive? Well, I have 1 TB SSD in the Mac, so not a problem. But an external drive will do just as well, I would imagine, if I had less mass-storage space at my disposal. I don’t know, not having one of those, how this applies to iPhones and iPads, but suspect that the story with them is much the same.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS Mojave + Linux (Mint)

• #2299344 Reply
        anonymous

I use Media Monkey and upgraded to the new version of iTunes and now Media Monkey and when I try to sync my iPhone MM tells me to install the “Desktop” version and not the one from “Microsoft App Store”.  I hate Apple.

• #2299421 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

“Microsoft App Store”

Never download software from “Microsoft App Store” including iTunes.
        iTunes should be downloaded directly from Apple.

Media Monkey replaces iTunes sync.

Error message: “Please install iTunes in order to sync this device with MediaMonkey.”

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Alex5723.
        • This reply was modified 2 months ago by Alex5723.
    Viewing 6 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: iTunes 12.10.8.5

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.