News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • iTunes 12.10.8.5

Posted on Alex5723 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Tools iTunes 12.10.8.5

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus
      • #2284738 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss

@alex5723 Please, tell us about this favorite utility you wish to recommend to us, as per the forum description:

Tools
        Have a favorite utility? A program (or app) that you can’t live without? Tell us about it.

🙂

Personally, I’m among those that can’t stay far enough away from iTunes, and haven’t had it on any machine on the premises for over a decade.

• #2285303 Reply
          Alex5723
          AskWoody Plus

iTunes for me is an app ‘I can’t live without’ 🙂

Sync my iPhone, iPad.
          Backup to iCloud and local computer
          Listen to Internet radio while working
          Copy music, video to iPhone…

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Alex5723.
          1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2285337 Reply
        Rick Corbett
        AskWoody_MVP

iTunes works flawlessly on my MacBook but IMO it’s just a necessary carbuncle on Windows… very prone to failure and – if you look on the internet – the reason for so many support queries dealing with its deficiencies.

If I could find a decent, reliable alternative then I would. However, after trying several alternatives I’ve had to admit defeat and return to iTunes (on Windows – still my mainstay) and all its issues.

It’s one of the reasons I’ve delayed moving my last remaining Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10. I just don’t relish moving my current iTunes library, backed up apps and iOS backups to a newer platform. I’ve had to fix so many other people’s iTunes issues that I have been delaying the inevitable angst.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #2285366 Reply
          Alex5723
          AskWoody Plus

very prone to failure

In all the years with iTunes on Windows (may many years) I has only one problem after a new version of iTunes stopped supporting ‘older video card’ on my aging Windows 7 so I couldn’t connect my iPhone 7/8 to iTunes.
          Switching to Windows 10 solved my problem.

I saw a couple of days ago that Apple had issued a new iTunes (12.4.3) for older-video-cards.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Alex5723.
          • #2294396 Reply
            cocobeans81
            AskWoody Lounger

hey i just downloaded this new version 12.10.8.5 here that were talking about.  all my mpeg audio files which seem to be in this mp3 folder when i searched for the file in my computer seem to be unable to locate in my itunes.  so i click on it and its not there, it didnt play and it didnt sync to my new iphone 11.  i searched file information and it says they are all jpeg and they are stored in the mp3 folder or something of that nature.  this is basically 75% of my itunes collection that didnt sync to my new phone.  maybe has something to do with the fact that almost all of my music is youtube videos that i converted into mp3, added to my itunes and synced to my phone? 

this is a big problem for me.  do you know what this about?  or how i get these songs back so i can sync them to my new phone.  im guessing that itunes doesnt support this file type anymore? 

i was hoping you could add some insight into this or someone could help me with this.  im not computer savvy i would greatly appreciate the help.  anybody know?  thank you

• #2295324 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

almost all of my music is youtube videos that i converted into mp3

The MP3 files should still exist, assuming you did save them as MP3.

Do you have a backup you can view to see if the files have the same names?

cheers, Paul

• #2295480 Reply
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

Nowadays I use 64-bit QuickTime for replaying the music and video (mp3, mp4) files I have saved in my Mac — and listen to favorite radio stations by streaming their programs from their Web sites. There are other things I was potentially able to do with iTunes but can’t with QuickTime: I miss having well-ordered libraries, but nothing really important enough for me to need iTunes to do it. I still have Windows 7 in my old PC and iTunes in it, but I no longer connect to the Internet with it, so no longer download or stream music or video to this PC and I also have copied all the mpeg files I had there to the Mac. As to where is best to store those mpeg files: in my Mac, or in an external drive? Well, I have 1 TB SSD in the Mac, so not a problem. But an external drive will do just as well, I would imagine, if I had less mass-storage space at my disposal. I don’t know, not having one of those, how this applies to iPhones and iPads, but suspect that the story with them is much the same.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS + Linux (Mint)

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: iTunes 12.10.8.5

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.