News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • iTunes 12.10.8.5

Posted on Alex5723 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Tools iTunes 12.10.8.5

Tagged: 

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus
      • #2284738 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss

@alex5723 Please, tell us about this favorite utility you wish to recommend to us, as per the forum description:

Tools
        Have a favorite utility? A program (or app) that you can’t live without? Tell us about it.

🙂

Personally, I’m among those that can’t stay far enough away from iTunes, and haven’t had it on any machine on the premises for over a decade.

• #2285303 Reply
          Alex5723
          AskWoody Plus

iTunes for me is an app ‘I can’t live without’ 🙂

Sync my iPhone, iPad.
          Backup to iCloud and local computer
          Listen to Internet radio while working
          Copy music, video to iPhone…

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Alex5723.
          1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2285337 Reply
        Rick Corbett
        AskWoody_MVP

iTunes works flawlessly on my MacBook but IMO it’s just a necessary carbuncle on Windows… very prone to failure and – if you look on the internet – the reason for so many support queries dealing with its deficiencies.

If I could find a decent, reliable alternative then I would. However, after trying several alternatives I’ve had to admit defeat and return to iTunes (on Windows – still my mainstay) and all its issues.

It’s one of the reasons I’ve delayed moving my last remaining Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10. I just don’t relish moving my current iTunes library, backed up apps and iOS backups to a newer platform. I’ve had to fix so many other people’s iTunes issues that I have been delaying the inevitable angst.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #2285366 Reply
          Alex5723
          AskWoody Plus

very prone to failure

In all the years with iTunes on Windows (may many years) I has only one problem after a new version of iTunes stopped supporting ‘older video card’ on my aging Windows 7 so I couldn’t connect my iPhone 7/8 to iTunes.
          Switching to Windows 10 solved my problem.

I saw a couple of days ago that Apple had issued a new iTunes (12.4.3) for older-video-cards.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Alex5723.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: iTunes 12.10.8.5

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.