News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Jan. 12, 2021 Office Update

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 2013 for PC Jan. 12, 2021 Office Update

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        gstrader
        AskWoody Plus

One of my coworkers has Office 2013 and uses Outlook. An update was applied yesterday and he now gets the Outlook error: “Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet Service Provider for additional assistance.” This happens for both accounts he is using on Outlook which are through different mail servers.

We’ve checked his settings to make sure the correct ports are in use. They are. I’m not sure where to go next. I’ve looked at rolling back the update but I haven’t found a way to do that.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

gstrader
        AskWoody Plus

Turning off all the encryption options got email working. That is a temporary fix. I’ll need to see about getting encryption turned back on now, but at least he can communicate.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        b
          PKCano
          Manager

Were the updates to Office or Windows (or both)?
          Are you making changes in Outlook or in the OS settings?
          What version of Win10 are you running?

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Jan. 12, 2021 Office Update

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.