News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • January 9, 2021 : 14 years since introducing the iPhone

Posted on Alex5723 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems iOS January 9, 2021 : 14 years since introducing the iPhone

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Down history lane :

..On Sunday, January 7, 2007, Bill Gates gave the keynote address at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Hammering home Microsoft’s buzz phrase ‘Digital Decade,’ he talked about how great hardware wasn’t enough, that we needed connected experiences. “Where people are being productive, doing new creative things, where they’re mobile… that is the key element that is missing.”

He said that “Vista and the PC continue to have the central role,” though he also claimed that Windows Vista was “the highest quality release that we’ve ever done.”…(in 2004 memo Microsoft’s Jim Allchin wrote : “Longhorn [codename for Vista] is a pig and I don’t see any solution to this problem.”)

Two days later and around 400 miles away, Steve Jobs introduced the very device, the very experience that Gates said was missing. He introduced the iPhone at Macworld San Francisco…

At the same Macworld Jobs announced that Apple has completed the transition from PowerPC to Intel : “we did it in seven months.”.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Susan Bradley
        Da Boss

As some have said to me lately… 14 years and the icons haven’t changed a bit.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

apple (Johnny Ive’s fantastic work) did change the icons in iOS 7 from iOS6

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created Pebcak
        3 users thanked author for this post.
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

iOS 14 let you create/design your own icons.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 20 hours ago by Alex5723.
        2 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: January 9, 2021 : 14 years since introducing the iPhone

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.