News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • June Update KB4465065 Intel microcodes

Posted on GEF2019WOOD Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1809 – September 2018 Update June Update KB4465065 Intel microcodes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  PKCano 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

GEF2019WOOD
      AskWoody Plus

Have been offered this update but my system is a AMD Ryzen processor and I am not aware of any Intel chips on other components. What gives ??

• #1849598 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

a little screw up with Microsoft’s Windows Update AI (it shouldn’t be pushing that patch to AMD based systems)
      block or hide the KB4465065 microcode update with wushowhide.diagcab from KB3073930 as KB4465065 got new WU metadata and is no longer an MS update catalog only update and being pushed thru WU on most Intel based systems

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by  EP.
    • #1849908 Reply

CADesertRat
      AskWoody Plus

I also have a AMD Ryzen and have gotten all the INTEL MicroCode updates. Fortunately they don’t seem to screw anything up as far as I can tell.

Just another instance of MS with their head up their Bu##$ 🙂

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does 🙂
      4 Win 10 Pro currently 1809 (3 Desktops, 1 Laptop).

• #1867087 Reply

cyclical01
      AskWoody Plus

Question: how often are you all looking for new patches, etc. to manage? This is the second time I have just been about to look at wushowhide but got a message that my PC needs to reboot to install updates. Today it was KB4465065. Of course, now that I go to wushowhide it doesn’t show I can hide it as Windows Update has presumably already done (most of) it’s thing. This microcode patch doesn’t show up on any “absolutely don’t install” lists, but what if, right?

I’m running Windows 10 Pro and have all my deferrals maxed out (Semi-annual, 365 and 30 days). Should I be looking every Monday/Tuesday (e.g. potential Patch Tuesdays) since that’s when the last 30 day deferral would theoretically expire and wushowhide would then see something being newly offered? Etc.

I understand all the “steps” Woody and others have outlined here, but I’m still not clear on timing.

Thanks in advance!

• #1867096 Reply

PKCano
        Da Boss

If you have quality Updates set on 30-day deferral, they won’t show up in the Windows Update queue for 30 days. So you won’t know what is potentially pending. And it you don’t prevent the download at the end of 30 days, they will download and install.

I list the settings I use to control updates here and why I set them that way. Also notice the method to clear the Windows Update queue in AKB2000013. So far, I have not been forced for any update/upgrade using that method.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: June Update KB4465065 Intel microcodes

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.