News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• June Updates 21H1, 20H2, 2004 (20H1)

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 June Updates 21H1, 20H2, 2004 (20H1)

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        RetiredGeek
        AskWoody MVP

Hey Y’all,

Just installed the June updates on all my machines. Quick update and no problems so far.

We how have the annoying  News & Interests item in the Notification area. Easy to turn off but I’ll be modifying my CMSStdSettingsForm PowerShell program to take care of it shortly.

In the meantime I’ve updated the files for my Get-WinVer.ps1 program. If you have the program just run it and it will download the updates automatically. If you need the program download here. Remember to double click the folder that appears!

HTH 😎

May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!
        Computer Specs

1 user thanked author for this post.
        CraigS26
        AskWoody Plus

June CU = No Issues as usual.

New & Interests initially showed Not Configured in May GP BUT this CU KB5003637 w/ MSRT AND SVC STACK (seen Only in Con Panel) brought the Task Bar Cloud. That Data seen is of no interest So in Task bar….  Rt Clk / News & Int/ Turn Off. Cloud disappeared.

AW Links are slow to respond / load often: FF89 or AW = ??

W10 Pro 21H1 / Hm-Stdnt Ofce '16 C2R / HP Envy Desktop-Ethernet/ 12 GB / 256G SSD + 1 TB HDD / i5-8400 CoffeeLake-S / GP=2 + FtrU=Semi-Annual + Feature Defer = 1 + QU=0

itxpress
        AskWoody Lounger

Had one RDS server with both Hyper-V guests paused critical after the patch update this morning. Other identical servers took the update fine so… may be isolated.

WStaiwankima
        AskWoody Plus

Help, according to Susan I need to update my 1909 PC ASAP. Should I backup my files or just install 20HR?

Paul T
          AskWoody MVP

There is no need to rush to update as long as you don’t mind not getting the latest updates / security patches.

The basic rule of updating is: make an image backup to an external device and have a bootable rescue USB/DVD available to allow you to restore.
          Once this is done you can update.

Why has your machine not updated beyond 1909 yet?

cheers, Paul

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: June Updates 21H1, 20H2, 2004 (20H1)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.