News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Just Color Picker

Home Forums Tools Just Color Picker

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PaulK 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author

MW
      AskWoody Plus

This is a niche item, but it is one of those thing when you need it, nothing else gets the job done.

Mac OS has one, even Linux has one in their repositories.  But Windows doesn’t.

http://annystudio.com/software/colorpicker/

Whenever I was working on a project with my program that is Windows only, I would have to go to my Mac or Linux machine to use their utility to get the RGB codes, write them down, then go back to my project.

Not anymore.  I have used this for about a year now, and can say it works as advertised without any problems.

What makes this utility stand out for me is the ability to save multiple sets of RGB codes to refer back to, something Mac doesn’t do, and Linux’s method is so convoluted it is easier to use paper and pen.

The developers website isn’t HTTPS, so if you have HTTPS Everywhere installed you will catch some grief.

W7 & W8.1 - Group W (since April 2017)
      Mac Sierra & Mojave - Group A
      Mint Cinnamon - Group A

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1903161 Reply

anonymous

This is a niche item …

Mac OS has one, even Linux has one in their repositories.  But Windows doesn’t.

For once, “well done Microsoft for not including it”. Anything not essential to a functioning OS should be available, not included.

You probably did not intend to imply Microsoft should include color picker but Operating Systems loaded with programs/apps most users never open is an annoyance.

• #1903200 Reply

PaulK
      AskWoody Lounger

This may be a crutch – Windows 7, Paint:
      Click on Edit Colors. Move cross-pointer cursor to desired color, and move up the luminance scale at the right. To save, click on ‘Add to Custom Colors’, and OK.

PaintColors

Attachments:
      1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Just Color Picker

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.